Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Pro-Tools license did not automatically renew... dead in the water [SOLVED] (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=392453)

Harleyman 07-15-2017 06:56 PM

Pro-Tools license did not automatically renew... dead in the water [SOLVED]

Hello there, I'm having a little bit of an issue here.
As I tried to open PT I was presented with a message saying my subscription has expired.
I checked my account on the AVID site and my subscription is current and everything looks, fine. I have the latest version of the Ilok software, and the license appears to have expired. I tried to refresh it but nothing happened.
I tried to call AVID Support and after going trough the support menu for Pro-Tools the system just hangs up on me.

I do have sessions coming in the next few days, I need this to be resolved asap.

Harleyman 07-16-2017 05:15 PM

Re: Pro-Tools license did not automatically renew... dead in the water I need help qu

quick update.

I got a email from support responding to my case. Apparently the system failed to bill me this month so I was give a 2 days license.. until the issue is resolved, which hopefully will be in less than 2 days

SigFriedChicken 07-16-2017 09:27 PM

Re: Pro-Tools license did not automatically renew... dead in the water I need help qu

I'm sure it won't take more than two days for them to figure out how to get your money :)

Harleyman 07-17-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SigFriedChicken (Post 2441262)
I'm sure it won't take more than two days for them to figure out how to get your money :)

Apparently yes....Still nothing on my Ilok.

I haven't activated the 2 days license they gave me....I'm keeping it for when I will really need to use it in case they don't get it straight anytime soon.
In the meantime I've been using "something else" to do some work.

But I gotta say as much as I love Pro-tools I do not love AVID customer support. This is not even the first time they do this to me in the last year. Cmon guys get this subscriptions straight and be ready to help your customers when they need it.

jeffro 07-24-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harleyman (Post 2441396)
...Still nothing on my Ilok...

Sorry for the trouble. Checked your account and see your license is valid through next month.

Harleyman 07-24-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2442329)
Sorry for the trouble. Checked your account and see your license is valid through next month.

Yup, all good now, thanks for checking.
Is there a support number we can call for account issues like these?
it was late on the weekend when I tried to call the support line, but unfortunately I was not getting trough, and after selecting option 3 for Pro-tools help the system would hang up on me.

Harleyman 07-25-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2442329)

I spoke too soon, we are back to square one.

Just this morning I used my system, this afternoon I went back to work on a session and PT is now telling me there's no license in my ILok. and to be more specific this is the message I get: " All visible Licenses expired"

I tried to trash the preferences but that didn't help.

can you please look into it thank you?

jeffro 07-25-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harleyman (Post 2442450)
...PT is now telling me there's no license in my ILok. and to be more specific this is the message I get: " All visible Licenses expired"...

You account shows your Pro Tools Subscription license valid through 8/11.

What version of iLok License Manager is installed? ILM > Help > About, then Check For Updates to make sure you are current.

Harleyman 07-25-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2442459)
You account shows your Pro Tools Subscription license valid through 8/11.

What version of iLok License Manager is installed? ILM > Help > About, then Check For Updates to make sure you are current.

gladly this time I was able to reach support via phone, unlike last time.

Look like the previous support guy did a little clean up in my Ilok removing the old expired licenses (i received an email earlier from ILok listing the licenses that were removed by AVID) and somehow the perpetual license ended up in the "hidden" licenses in the Ilok, so while PT was seeing the sub it could not see the other license and therefore not allowing PT to open.

Once again problem solved.... hopefully perpetually :)

thanks for the swift reply....I'm once again out of Panic mode :p