Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Ewql play- (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=361829)

notedmusic 12-12-2014 12:57 PM

Ewql play-

Can someone please contact EWQL because there is no way in hell PT and EWQL are compatible.

I have nothing but 9173 errors on both a mac pro 12 core and 6 core.
I have only one instance of PLAY with one instrument, three mics and it throws this error.

This is ridiculous. And the EWQL people aren't responding to my emails at all.

PT 11.2.2 OSX 10.9.5 (and tried 10.8.4)
32GB 1TB D700 MP
HD Native Omni Tb/Core

Additionally Kontakt ghosts notes like there is no tomorrow.

Emcha_audio 12-12-2014 01:53 PM

Re: Ewql play-

I use play 4 and pt 11.1.2 hd every day. Ra silk stormdrum2 pianos platinum so platinum schoir wtc wtc even ql spaces. Although im on windows I know for a fact play 4 is compatible with pt 11 and maverik. It may not be supporting Yosemite yet.

TOM@METRO 12-12-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notedmusic (Post 2211795)
Can someone please contact EWQL because there is no way in hell PT and EWQL are compatible.

I have only one instance of PLAY with one instrument, three mics and it throws this error.

PT 11.2.2 OSX 10.9.5 (and tried 10.8.4)
32GB 1TB D700 MP
HD Native Omni Tb/Core

Additionally Kontakt ghosts notes like there is no tomorrow.

I'm not having any major issues with either of these.

Eric Lambert 12-12-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

They are compatible and I'm sure there's a good explanation for the issue you're having and even a fix. You'll need to work through it.

Quote:

Yes, that is ridiculous. Who, exactly, are you trying to contact and by which method/email address?

jryser 12-12-2014 09:01 PM

I'm a beta tester for EWQL. The 9173 errors are not from Play. There is something going on with PT software. They are working on a fix. As of now I'm on Mavs 10.9.5, using play 4.22, have PT 11.2.2, and in realtime bounce get those errors in every instance. That being said, offline is fine.

musicman691 12-13-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jryser (Post 2211893)
I'm a beta tester for EWQL. The 9173 errors are not from Play. There is something going on with PT software. They are working on a fix. As of now I'm on Mavs 10.9.5, using play 4.22, have PT 11.2.2, and in realtime bounce get those errors in every instance. That being said, offline is fine.

I have yet to have 9173's with Play 4.22 on OSX 10.8.5 and OSX 10.9.5 in PT11.2.2. What I do have is instrument tracks going silent; this happened in PT11.2.0 and PT11.2.2 but NOT in PT11.2.1. I don't do realtime bounce but record to new audio tracks instead. Offline bounce at faster than realtime works just fine as well. I have EWQLSO Gold, Ra and Stormdrum 2 Pro.

To the OP:
What EW libraries are you running? Judging from the '3 mics' comment you probably have Platinum EWQLSO or some of the Hollywood libraries. Those really like to see a fast separate hard drive, preferably an ssd on a Thunderbolt or USB3 connection.

zion 12-15-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emcha_audio (Post 2211808)
I use play 4 and pt 11.1.2 hd every day. Ra silk stormdrum2 pianos platinum so platinum schoir wtc wtc even ql spaces. Although im on windows I know for a fact play 4 is compatible with pt 11 and maverik. It may not be supporting Yosemite yet.

Working fine here in Yosemite. No errors realtime or offline bounce.

notedmusic 12-18-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jryser (Post 2211893)

I have this issue online playback, even with as little as ONE instrument.

notedmusic 12-18-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Lambert (Post 2211875)
They are compatible and I'm sure there's a good explanation for the issue you're having and even a fix. You'll need to work through it.
Yes, that is ridiculous. Who, exactly, are you trying to contact and by which method/email address?

I tried to contact EWQL directly when I had the 6-core - got no response for about a month and then they finally took a look and blamed Pro Tools. I gave up, assumed that a 12-core would fix it... but here I am again with a brand new computer and no luck. I am trying to use the support case system online to get in touch again- but they aren't responding. Do you known someone I can contact directly?

But, this is not "compatible behavior" regardless of who is at fault.

I'm working it out with AVID support and see if we can turn anything up. Also I contacted APPLE and they had me re-index, etc. but it didn't fix the issue. I'll take it into the apple store soon just in case. I have a secondary problem of something "file cache" eating up all my memory... but only when Pro Tools is active.

The really weird thing is that according to Activity Monitor, I have 75-90% CPU left.

notedmusic 12-18-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2212034)

To the OP:
What EW libraries are you running? Judging from the '3 mics' comment you probably have Platinum EWQLSO or some of the Hollywood libraries. Those really like to see a fast separate hard drive, preferably an ssd on a Thunderbolt or USB3 connection.

I have all SSDs. I am using USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt connections for my sample drives.
And yes I'm using the premium and Hw libs.

Besides the drive isn't being pushed that hard at all... This occurs with very few instruments.