Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Pro Tools I/O and Focusrite Scarlett (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405434)

senghor 06-28-2019 11:55 PM

Pro Tools I/O and Focusrite Scarlett

Hi,

I just bought a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 with 4 input.

Pro Tools 2019.6 shows only 2 analog input (installed the drivers; went ok) How can I get Pro Tools to show all the 4 inputs in PT. I tried to resolve this on Focusrite's site and on Youtube, but no answer to this. PT's Playback Engine shows Focusrite ASIO. Is it ok?

Anyone knows how to get PT to show all the 4 analog inputs?

Thank You!

Darryl Ramm 06-29-2019 12:19 AM

Re: Pro Tools I/O and Focusrite Scarlett

Go to setup>IO>Input and click the default button, same for output and bus pages.

senghor 06-29-2019 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2531318)
Go to setup>IO>Input and click the default button, same for output and bus pages.

Thank You! This resolved all. GREAT!

paflechat 02-01-2020 03:31 AM

Hello,

can I ask if you then see 6 outputs in I/O Setup of Pro Tools (4 mono analog + SPDIF) ?

I'd like to create a 5.1 output, even if I only use the analog outputs for LCR monitoring... ;)

Darryl Ramm 02-01-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paflechat (Post 2552896)
Hello,

can I ask if you then see 6 outputs in I/O Setup of Pro Tools (4 mono analog + SPDIF) ?

I'd like to create a 5.1 output, even if I only use the analog outputs for LCR monitoring... ;)

You need to read your 18i8 documentation. The S/PDIF Out is not a discrete output, it normally mirrors 1&2.

paflechat 02-01-2020 03:58 PM

You're right, thanx. But it seems to be possible with the 8i6 !

[email protected] 04-23-2020 10:05 AM

Since updating to PT 2020-3 I'm not getting any input from my focusrite 212, I have done everything regarding the settings I/O deleted and reassigned default all to no avail.

What am I missing??

On OS 10.13.6

Darryl Ramm 04-23-2020 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2563034)
Since updating to PT 2020-3 I'm not getting any input from my focusrite 212, I have done everything regarding the settings I/O deleted and reassigned default all to no avail.

What am I missing??

On OS 10.13.6

You are posting onto a thread about a problem with an 18i8, and it does not sound like it's related to your problem. Why don't you start your own new thread and include the following into/things to try:

"not getting any input"... what does that mean? Do you see the track meter move and just not hear anything? Or no meters as well?

Can you play back existing recorded content? What exactly happens, what do you see happening on the screen and hear.

What exactly did you change? (any OS updates done as well?)

What exactly are you seeing?

What exactly are all the options that show up in the Setup>Playback Engine>pPayback Engine menu?

Is the 2i2 selected as that playback engine? Double check it is.

What happens when you test with Built In Output selected as the PlayBack Engine?

You should already have tried trashing prefs, part of normal troubleshooting... see under "help us help you" up the top of each DUC web page.