Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   New knob responce for the Dock (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=397768)

Maro Records 03-08-2018 06:47 AM

New knob response for the Dock

... for me is much worse !!! :(
the previous action for knobs was great, excellent and I loved so much ...
Now it's difficult to do small changes in a very accurate way.

Please, reverse to previous action, or give us a choice...

Anthony_Anz 03-08-2018 11:34 PM

Re: New knob responce for the Dock

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maro Records (Post 2478998)
... for me is much worse !!! :(
the previous action for knobs was great, excellent and I loved so much ...
Now it's difficult to do small changes in a very accurate way.

Please, reverse to previous action, or give us a choice...

Maro Records, the dock knobs previously had a slower acceleration which felt like you could make finer adjustments. I know it's an extra step but you can always hold down CTRL while turning the knob to make fine adjustments. (except for PAN, for some reason holding down CTRL does not slow down that acceleration... )

Maro Records 03-09-2018 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony_Anz (Post 2479195)
Maro Records, the dock knobs previously had a slower acceleration which felt like you could make finer adjustments. I know it's an extra step but you can always hold down CTRL while turning the knob to make fine adjustments. (except for PAN, for some reason holding down CTRL does not slow down that acceleration... )

The beauty of previously acceleration mode was possibility to make finer adjustments and more radical movements wthout feelining any compromisses. It was done excellent and I wonder how it could have been spoiled and why ??? In professional world all is about precision nad easy way to small movement.
I don't want to hold down CMD (CTRL) for that because it's tiring and I usually use both hands to control 2 parameters at the same time. Well, I do not want to explain even these things, because it's obvious for people dealing with it professionally ..
Anthony, last update of Eucon is a large step down and please, do not try to convince me that it is not...

Eddie, please, if you have no intention of doing anything about it, just help how to go back to the previous version? Do I have to go back with firmware of a Dock?

Anthony_Anz 03-09-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maro Records (Post 2479230)
I don't want to hold down CMD (CTRL) for that because it's tiring and I usually use both hands to control 2 parameters at the same time. Well, I do not want to explain even these things, because it's obvious for people dealing with it professionally ..

I'm well aware of the inconvenience of holding down CTRL, I was merely trying to give you a temporary work around. I'm sure, with enough feedback, it will be revisited.

Maro Records 03-10-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony_Anz (Post 2479299)
I'm sure, with enough feedback, it will be revisited.

Well, it looks like I’m along here:mad:
Hey ! Dock users ! Are you there? Are you happy with the new update?
E.g. Controling pan is like a joke now :( .
Please, say something guys! Do you like it ?

BScout 03-10-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maro Records (Post 2479489)
E.g. Controling pan is like a joke now :( .
Please, say something guys! Do you like it ?

I like everything but Pan. I think there is something genuinely wrong with Pan on the Dock. It does not respond anything like the Artist Mix knob on pan (which generally I use instead of the Dock for panning.) I also don't think it works like the S3 knob (though I'm not sitting at that today. I think I would recognise something this off.) Eddie, could you look into this?

Non-linear (acceleration curves in digital speak) knobs and faders are pretty standard for professional hardware. Except for Pan (which appears to be broken), turn slower for finer precision. No need to press "control". I have no problem hitting the exact same precision as using a mouse (both fine and major steps)

(btw, I don't think fine control works with Eucon -- "command" on Mac. It doesn't seem to work with anything on my Artist Mix or Dock)

Maro Records 03-10-2018 02:35 PM

Previously pan worked great for me. Sends also were better.
For me overall action of knobs were as it should be.
I dream about possibility to back firmware on a Dock and Eucon to 3.7 and never touch it. Now using knobs on a Dock is big suffer...

Sean Bombz 03-10-2018 07:23 PM

Pan on the dock is definitely wonky. Definitely couldn’t use it for automation.

Maro Records 03-12-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Bombz (Post 2479567)
Pan on the dock is definitely wonky. Definitely couldn’t use it for automation.

...Definitely couldn’t use it for anything...
It's a shame. Now to set the exact value I need to catch the mouse...
Surface simply became useless...
WHO APPROVED THIS UPDATE ???

Anthony_Anz 03-13-2018 07:48 AM

So is it safe to say that the biggest complaint about the kinetics change is just how affected PAN? How do you guys feel about EQ, DYN and insert parmas? I'm not having too much difficulty with other params.