Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S6 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Inserts & Sends (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=386960)

Drew Mazurek 01-06-2017 09:30 AM

Re: Inserts & Sends

Quote:

Originally Posted by arche3 (Post 2405385)
I'm about to pull trigger on s6m40 32 fader to replace my icon d control 48 fader .

And you haven't demoed the unit? Brave man!! :D

arche3 01-06-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2405388)
And you haven't demoed the unit? Brave man!! :D

I didn't see the icon d control in person when I got that either. [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Drew Mazurek 01-06-2017 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arche3 (Post 2405390)
I didn't see the icon d control in person when I got that either. [emoji5]

Come to think of it, neither did I with my D Command. :eek:

arche3 01-06-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2405391)
Come to think of it, neither did I with my D Command. :eek:

Ha ha!!!!!

rus5 01-06-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2405326)
Guys,
I'm just a user like you are. I don't work for or speak for Avid. Sorry if you mistook my attempt at explaining possible motivations for an omission as subterfuge. I too would have expected complete ICON parity and then some by now, which is why I am not an S6 owner. Once it actually suits my needs, I'll buy. (I do get to use them at various studios though)

I did enjoy Russ's little dramatic post though, thanks!! :)

Gosh Drew, I wouldn't say I was being "dramatic"? Describing my post as a "... little dramatic post..." is a bit condescending, don't you think? I spent $60K out of my own pocket on my S6 based on promises Avid has been making for YEARS now that I don't feel have been kept. Obviously a lot of other folks feel the same way. That is one HELL of a lot of money to me. Your original post almost sounded like a possible explanation for what I was seeing (that the S6 wasn't ever even INTENDED for my purpose in the first place and somehow I got that wrong), from a far more experienced user than me, and I was merely asking about it.

Drew Mazurek 01-06-2017 02:22 PM

Oh, so you literally got chills down your spine. My bad. [emoji56]

rus5 01-06-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2405438)
Oh, so you literally got chills down your spine. My bad. [emoji56]

So you've never experienced a person using a very common expression to emphasize a point? And feel the need to be rude and dismissive when someone does. Amazing.

arche3 01-06-2017 06:43 PM

Had a very productive day on my d control. I'm very reluctant now to go to s6. Also the trade in for my icon is terrible. And I have to somehow send the faders to avid. But keep the rest of the icon. I have to make sure about how to return the icon. I have to speak to the Sweetwater guy again.

rus5 01-06-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arche3 (Post 2405480)
Had a very productive day on my d control. I'm very reluctant now to go to s6. Also the trade in for my icon is terrible. And I have to somehow send the faders to avid. But keep the rest of the icon. I have to make sure about how to return the icon. I have to speak to the Sweetwater guy again.

Hi Arche3,

You might want to talk to Ryan McQuire at Vintage King (248.591.9276 x111). I have no affiliation with he or VK, but they're big "console guys" and I've had a lot of really good experiences getting advice on how to deal with things from him. For what it's worth... Good luck whatever you end up doing!!

Drew Mazurek 01-07-2017 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rus5 (Post 2405465)
So you've never experienced a person using a very common expression to emphasize a point?

Oh sure, many times. It's a great way to increase dramatic effect! Hence the mention of it. No offense intended. :D