Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Mixer window on 2nd monitor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=373730)

Jazzbass56 11-02-2015 06:04 PM

Mixer window on 2nd monitor

I'm trying to figure out how I can get my mixer window in PT onto a 2nd monitor in windows.
What I have is 3 monitors,and what I'd like to do is Edit window,Mon1,Mixer window.Mon2,Video on Mon3.
I'm on Windows Pro 10,and I understand it's not supported,but everything is running well so far.
I'm new to windows,as I have been a Mac guy for many years,so I'm new to the windows workflow
Now I have 3 monitors and I can put my video on it's own monitor, but I can't drag the mixer window to the other monitor,like I could on my mac.
In "control panel" "display" I have it set so Mon1 "edit" is primary monitor,Mon 2 is set to"extended desk top to this display", as well as Mon 3
I don't want to "Mirror, or as windows terms it"duplicate desktop", or do I?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Tommy

sw rec 11-02-2015 07:29 PM

Re: Mixer window on 2nd monitor

You have to stretch the blank gray "parent window" across all your monitors first, then you can put everything right where you want it. Then use alt>F4 to save/close/store window positions.

Jazzbass56 11-02-2015 08:17 PM

Wow,that sure sounds odd,but Thank You! I will try it.

Cheers
Tommy

amagras 11-02-2015 08:23 PM

I don't get tired of recommending Skootch because it is a true life saver.

Jazzbass56 11-02-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw rec (Post 2307551)
You have to stretch the blank gray "parent window" across all your monitors first, then you can put everything right where you want it. Then use alt>F4 to save/close/store window positions.

Ok how do I stretch that grey back ground,I tried to grab some part of it but was unable to...
Also that grey area takes up the whole screen now, must I resize it somehow? in order to grab something?
And what does windows refer to this grey area as? it's not the desk top..
sorry but windows has got me turned around.
Thanks for your help
Cheers

Jazzbass56 11-02-2015 10:14 PM

Ok I didn't understand what you meant by skootch , but I checked out a YouTube video so I'll look into it [emoji74][emoji74]

sw rec 11-03-2015 04:48 AM

That big gray window is the parent window. It needs to be stretched across all 3 monitors (sounds like you got that part!) If your mix and edit windows aren't open, go to "window" on the menu bar and open them. Then just drag each window and move it to where you want it. Also note....open a plugin, drag it to where you want it. Every time you open a plugin, it should open in the same location. Does on mine: 3 monitors (mix, edit, plugins and video left to right) A lot might hinge on what you're using for a video card, too. Using a Matrox 9140, which drives 4 monitors. # 4 mirrors the edit window and is in the booth.

Jazzbass56 11-03-2015 06:35 PM

Man thank you for the tips, also I looked in skootch but I've herd no reply from the creator, don't know if he's still involved with it , so I'm going to drag the grey area as you all have said and create window sets