Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Attention/Selected Track not working on dock (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403156)

feakerboo 01-29-2019 08:40 PM

Attention/Selected Track not working on dock

Can anybody re-produce this:

I have all my S3 faders as VCAs and use my Dock as an attention fader. The dock attention fader works fine till I spill one of my VCAs on the S3. After that, the Dock will ONLY allow me to attention VCAs. If I select an audio track in the edit window or attention an audio track via the S3, it ignores that selection and reverts to the last selected VCA. I can select VCAs from the edit window and they will switch but I no longer have access to my audio tracks until I restart Eucon.

I'm not sure when this began but I'm running the newest version of Eucon and I have updated all my firmware to the latest versions as well the latest protools version.

PT: Ultimate 18.12
Mac Pro Trashcan: 12core, 64GB Ram
Sonnet Pro: HDX3
Mac OS: 10.12.6

Thanks!

BrianGasacao 01-30-2019 12:31 AM

Re: Attention/Selected Track not working on dock

Do you have the option 'Attention on Select Button Press' enabled in your EuControl Preferences?

feakerboo 01-30-2019 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianGasacao (Post 2514714)
Do you have the option 'Attention on Select Button Press' enabled in your EuControl Preferences?

Sorry just went through my EuControl Settings prefs (I'm on 18.3) and I don't see this option. Where can I located it?

feakerboo 01-30-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianGasacao (Post 2514714)

I searched the Eucon Documents and was unable to find it there either. The odd thing is that the ipad app seams to be following the attention commands just fine but the dock won't

BrianGasacao 01-30-2019 02:22 PM

Hey Brad, sorry for the confusion. I mistook the issue you were seeing with something from our beta testers. The option I mentioned is not in 18.3 but rather our next release.

In regards, to the issue you're seeing. I got my system configured to match yours and this is by design. If there is a spill active on your surface, we don't allow the Dock Fader to be overtaken by a track type other than the same. Since it's a VCA master and the VCA master is required to perform an unspill the tracks (double pressing 'Select' button), this is why an audio track will not be attentioned. You will need to unspill the slaves to be able to attention other audio tracks to the Dock fader.

feakerboo 01-30-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianGasacao (Post 2514819)
Hey Brad, sorry for the confusion. I mistook the issue you were seeing with something from our beta testers. The option I mentioned is not in 18.3 but rather our next release.

In regards, to the issue you're seeing. I got my system configured to match yours and this is by design. If there is a spill active on your surface, we don't allow the Dock Fader to be overtaken by a track type other than the same. Since it's a VCA master and the VCA master is required to perform an unspill the tracks (double pressing 'Select' button), this is why an audio track will not be attentioned. You will need to unspill the slaves to be able to attention other audio tracks to the Dock fader.

After I have unspilled, The dock will only allow me to attention VCA faders, I can no longer attention Audio tracks.

feakerboo 01-30-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feakerboo (Post 2514820)
After I have unspilled, The dock will only allow me to attention VCA faders, I can no longer attention Audio tracks.

Actually more info, the way I have always been able to work in the past is this: rather than unspill, I select my master layout using the "A" softkey on the left of the S3 which puts the spill back away. Now it seems you have to manually unspill using the select key on the Dock or you are locked to attentioning only VCA keys.

The way this is designed leads to a bunch of confusion because now if I'm drilling down in a spill and select a member track, that track is on the ipad and the knobs on the dock control the ipad app but the mute, solo, and fader on the dock control the VCA.

It seams like it would just make more sense to let me to attention whatever I want so that it's less confusing.

EddieJones 01-30-2019 07:10 PM

I'll take a look at this with Brian on Tuesday when I'm with him in our Studio. Eddie

feakerboo 02-06-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2514844)
I'll take a look at this with Brian on Tuesday when I'm with him in our Studio. Eddie

Any word on this. The more I dig into it the weirder it seams. The dock's automation keys follow the selection but the fader and Solo, Mute, Sel, Rec buttons don't.

EddieJones 02-06-2019 02:03 PM

Sorry I am sick and haven't gone into the office. Can you send me screen grabs of the General and Preferences tabs in the meantime.