Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Slate Trigger 2 (AAX 64 / 32 & RTAS) (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=345702)

crizdee 10-14-2013 07:01 AM

Slate Trigger 2 (AAX 64 / 32 & RTAS)
 
Hi,

When i got the notification email it wasn't clear if it was AAX 32 and RTAS as well as being AAX 64 for PT11, But it is AAX32 and RTAS so works in PT10 (and possibly PT9 and below but not sure yet)

Its a free update to trigger 1 owners:-) and has lots of great new features! also loads the samples really fast now...

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...psad7d2530.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps7137741c.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps2e60571c.jpg



Chris

elicious 10-15-2013 08:10 AM

Re: Slate Trigger 2 (AAX 64 / 32 & RTAS)
 
the good-
quick easy install and auth.
the price; or lack of it... to honor their good faith i purchased td drums,
which i hadn't planned on (tho no one has a good tom lib yet.)
gate a good addition.
will now search for missing files.
audition from browser.
new formats.
opt clics return to default.
manual now in white background, black text, sheesh!
linking more curve settings.
best of all, diff plug in name, allowing legacy seshs to remain compato using older plug!

the bad-
(first check on pthd 9.06 on 10.7.5)
bug when changing mix knob, for ex, moving from 100% to 0 and back again;
knob snaps back to 0-
happens when "plugs default to auto-enabled".

curve links don't include tune; which really should be the default;
(how often do you want your sn rms to be tuned different?)
also, articulations should default to changing together
(unless you want rimshot on direct and sidestick in oh's!)

preset snafus; using slate presets, or the PT librarian, params (sens, detail
input level, etc.) not recalled; unless you change a fader, say input level,
then they snap to position, except the knob you turned!
no matter what i do, can't get audition knob to be sticky; shouldn't that be
the default?

and very frustrating; still can't see automation params, either absolute or
delta.
when adjusting, have to move them by guessing, then clic to see if you got
close.
only plug to behave like this...
(haven't checked it in procontrol or pt 10 yet...)

as well as no ctl option cmd clic to enable auto params,
or ctl cmd clic to view auto lane.
no cmd clic fine control of faders.

names on ch strips don't indicate which lib they're from (could say TD, CLA,
SS, USER, etc.), tho nice touch, the browser sticks to the individual channel
view.)

the ugly-
TD drum manual still black background, white text... must have stock in epson...
e

Meads 10-15-2013 08:20 AM

Re: Slate Trigger 2 (AAX 64 / 32 & RTAS)
 
I'll add to the bad, that you aren't able to open sessions done with Trigger 1 in PT11 now, because Trigger 2 is a different plugin. That sucks. :mad:

Drew Mazurek 10-15-2013 09:04 AM

Re: Slate Trigger 2 (AAX 64 / 32 & RTAS)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meads (Post 2092665)
I'll add to the bad, that you aren't able to open sessions done with Trigger 1 in PT11 now, because Trigger 2 is a different plugin. That sucks. :mad:

But is completely unavoidable without a stupid amount extra work.

Let's focus on the stuff they should be getting right and fixing. :)

Meads 10-15-2013 09:18 AM

Re: Slate Trigger 2 (AAX 64 / 32 & RTAS)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2092681)
But is completely unavoidable without a stupid amount extra work.

Let's focus on the stuff they should be getting right and fixing. :)

How was that unavoidable? Why didn't they port their existing Trigger to AAX64, why did it have to be a completely new plugin?
What's your logic here, Drew? What if Waves or any other company shipped their catalogue of AAX64 plugins that were all new versions and not backwards compatible?

So you focus on the stuff they should be getting right and fixing and be happy with it. Let me be bummed out, that I can't open my ongoing project in 11 (which I'd love to have done, because I could use the addl. horsepower and offline bnc - and which I thought was a given, as soon as Slate release their stuff. I'm sure you saw it coming, because it was just a logical stepblablabla).

So, is that alright with you, mylord, that I find it to be a bummer? And am I also allowed to say so? That's great, luv ya too. xoxo

Drew Mazurek 10-15-2013 10:07 AM

Re: Slate Trigger 2 (AAX 64 / 32 & RTAS)
 
Slate has said repeatedly that they have a "new framework" in house and Trigger was apparently too old and needed to be rewritten in this new framework. Compared to VBC which is in the new framework from the get go. I'm going to take him at his word. Why should they spend the resources to port Trigger AND write Trigger 2 from the ground up in the new framework? Doesn't make sense to me.

It's going to be the same for FG-X I would assume. A whole new plugin.

Feel free to be bummed at whatever you like.

Meads 10-15-2013 10:44 AM

Re: Slate Trigger 2 (AAX 64 / 32 & RTAS)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2092700)
It's going to be the same for FG-X I would assume. A whole new plugin.

With FG-X it's a whole other story. It's fairly easy to copy the settings of FG-X or VCC. But with an automated Trigger on several tracks with custom built drums, that's a different kind of pie.

Well, I guess most people aren't in my shoes, so I won't bother you guys anymore.

mrtomcat 10-15-2013 10:50 AM

Re: Slate Trigger 2 (AAX 64 / 32 & RTAS)
 
sorry if I didn't read this right, but did you say it is NOT aax 64? In other words no PT 11???

Thanks

Meads 10-15-2013 10:54 AM

Re: Slate Trigger 2 (AAX 64 / 32 & RTAS)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtomcat (Post 2092717)
sorry if I didn't read this right, but did you say it is NOT aax 64? In other words no PT 11???

Thanks

Not Trigger 1.
But Trigger 2, which is a different plugin and free for Trigger 1 owners. So this is actually pretty great, the only downside is, you cannot use sessions in 11 that use the old Trigger 1.

Bobogura 10-15-2013 12:14 PM

Re: Slate Trigger 2 (AAX 64 / 32 & RTAS)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meads (Post 2092665)
I'll add to the bad, that you aren't able to open sessions done with Trigger 1 in PT11 now, because Trigger 2 is a different plugin. That sucks. :mad:

I suggest to have a dual boot system.

I will keep my current PTHD 10 and snow leopard exactly like it is right now.
and have a separate drive for Mountain lion and PTHD 11.

That way I can always recall old sessions. And bring stuff over to PT11 if I need to.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com