Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   PT 7 iLok licence (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=158345)

DannyG 01-23-2006 07:26 AM

PT 7 iLok licence

With PT 7 I received a backup iLok licence as well. I have not yet downloaded it, because I don't know where to put it. I deas?

Thanks,

Danny

crizdee 01-23-2006 07:33 AM

Re: PT 7 iLok licence

Hi,

Either leave it where it is! or download it onto a seperate ilok and have it guarded day and night with dogs and security patrol.

Chris

Lee Blaske 01-23-2006 11:05 AM

joking suggestion deleted by admin

aux 01-23-2006 03:04 PM

We keep it on the iLok account, it never expires.

RobMacki 01-23-2006 08:04 PM

Quote:

We keep it on the iLok account, it never expires.

So do you keep it pending?

filmixer 01-23-2006 08:25 PM

>So do you keep it pending?<

I have about a dozen licenses, some duplicates, some I just haven't needed yet, on my "Pending Licenses" page. One of them is my PT7 backup license. They'll stay there until you need them.

aux 01-24-2006 11:58 AM

Yep, it stays pending until you download it to the iLok. It's saver than putting it on the iLok itself. I wish all iLok supported companies would do this.

filmixer 01-24-2006 12:45 PM

I wish I could offload licenses from the key in to my "Pending" list if I don't currently need them or if I take my iLok to another location. That way, I could "empty" the iLok and download the licenses I need when I want, where I want. It doesn't seem that it would be too hard to implement and would offer a safe place to store unused licenses.

myke2242 01-24-2006 01:21 PM

Quote:

I wish I could offload licenses from the key in to my "Pending" list if I don't currently need them or if I take my iLok to another location. That way, I could "empty" the iLok and download the licenses I need when want, where I want. It doesn't seem that it would be too hard to implement and would offer a safe place to store unused licenses.

yes and It should be free. I just dont understand how iLok gets off charging owers with multiable loks a fee to simply move licenses
two other locks they own. To be able to simply re-upload unused licenses back to your online iLok acount is a awesome idea. You could miniumize the cost that may acure from getting the lok stolen or lost.

aux 01-24-2006 03:08 PM

I've had major problems last week when transferring licenses from 1 iLok to another. We have 2 studios and I needed to transfer 1 license to another. The license just disappeared in the process! Gone! A few days later I tried it again and the same thing happened. I retrieved them after contacting support, but I am very hesitant right now moving licenses in general.

It would be great if we can upload them back to iLok.com, is it possible to delete expired demo licenses?