Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   PT 10 and At LEAST Mavericks.... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=363161)

jasonthurley 01-15-2015 01:29 PM

PT 10 and At LEAST Mavericks....

So any word about 10 getting an OS update release or what?

Its getting to the point I can no longer run secure Outlook on the older Mac OS's..... What is the deal?

That or fix 11 so I can use it professionally... either would be great.

Craig F 01-15-2015 01:48 PM

Re: PT 10 and At LEAST Mavericks....

10.8 is the last OSX version 10 is and will ever be approved for

JFreak 01-15-2015 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonthurley (Post 2221786)
fix 11 so I can use it professionally...

Don't know about you, but there's absolutely zero problems here to use it professionally. Care to share your PT11 problems so we could try to sort them out?

Obsidian Dragon 01-15-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Its getting to the point I can no longer run secure Outlook on the older Mac OS's..... What is the deal?

Here is a link to an official statement from the Avid Knowledgebase:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/t...Tools-Sibelius

The key statement is this:
Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks) is not supported in Pro Tools 10.x (and earlier) and will not be qualified with Pro Tools 11.0.2 or earlier.

musicman691 01-16-2015 05:45 AM

Quote:

PT10.3.9 works decently on OSX 10.9.5 here as does PT11.3.0
Have you tried PT10 on Mavericks?
What issues are you having with PT11? The only one I've had with PT11.3.0 is occasionally an Instrument track will go silent but the fix is easy.

Drew Mazurek 01-16-2015 06:53 AM

PT10 on Mavs is simply not tested..

AND

the uninstaller doesn't work.

Otherwise lots of users report success on this "unsupported" setup.

jasonthurley 01-16-2015 07:28 AM

I heard a rumor they might make one last release for 10 a bit ago... I haven't been around here lately so I figured Id ask.

PT11 has had issues since day 1. I have yet to research much at all since .3 release, so maybe they did fix it... It was not working in post before, laggy, frame drops, video engine issues, plugin issues, delay comp issues... the list is a mile long and most for it has been documented by many on this forum all of the issues.

So your stating that 11.3 is now fixed?

jasonthurley 01-16-2015 07:30 AM

Also... Mavericks has the same security issues as ML and all previous MAC OS.... Yosemite is the only secure OS available. So unless they support 11 on it I am still in the same situation.

(*I am talking about my particular needs not that they are not secure period)

musicman691 01-16-2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonthurley (Post 2222004)
Also... Mavericks has the same security issues as ML and all previous MAC OS.... Yosemite is the only secure OS available. So unless they support 11 on it I am still in the same situation.

(*I am talking about my particular needs not that they are not secure period)

How can you say Yosemite is the only secure OSX out there? The last security Apple pushed out included ML and Mavericks as well as Yosemite. Why are you worried about security (not trying to be a wise-acre but trying to understand) on a daw? Use another machine for web work.

Eric Lambert 01-16-2015 08:01 AM

Why does this still keep coming up, always stopping short of the practical framing of the issue?

Avid's official blessing would mean absolutely nothing in this case. They didn't even try for it, and even if they did and found it to be the MOST stable OS ever released from Cupertino they'd still not support it because it's too old. So pointing to the sign which reads "unofficial" gets you nowhere.

From real world experience, I've found Mavericks to be more stable than ML, and more than Yosemite. It's where I'm staying until PT can get rid of more of the bugs.