Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Using the Free Pro Tools Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=357250)

Bruce Paine 08-05-2014 12:09 PM

Using the Free Pro Tools Virtual Instruments

Part 1 in a series on AvidBlogs.com:

Pro Tools 11 Virtual Instruments Included for Music Creation and Audio Production
By Andrew Wild on August 2, 2014
Pro Tools | Software and Pro Tools | HD Software comes bundled with a wide selection of 64-bit AAX Native and DSP plug-ins, including virtual instruments, effects, sound processing, and utilities designed by Avid and AIR. While some of you may have checked them all out, I would guess that the majority of Pro Tools 11 customers have only used a couple of the plug-ins available.

This is the first in a series of articles on Avid Blogs designed to demonstrate how these plug-ins can be used to create inspiring music and great sounding audio for picture. I’ll be highlighting available ‘how to’ resources on YouTube and the Internet. Most of the videos come from Pro Tools Expert, so a special thanks to Russ, Mike and the Pro Tools Expert team for creating such a wealth of informative videos. Let’s get started with Pro Tools 11 virtual instruments...Read more

~~~~~~~
Bruce Paine
Community Administrator
Avid Pro Audio Community

vagaudio 12-30-2014 12:22 AM

Re: Using the Free Pro Tools 11 Virtual Instruments

hi I am having probs with virtual instruments. have just installed pt 11 then virtual inst. on windows 8.1. with more than enough sys resources. I cannot see virtual instruments in pt 11. there is only click 11 listed. I have reinstalled a few times to no avail.. plz help

Jazzybossa 05-12-2015 12:43 AM

If this thread is still open, where do you download the virtual instruments from? I have PT 11 and there are no instruments bundled with it when I downloaded it. I have the academic version.

Benoni 05-12-2015 09:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzybossa (Post 2260859)
If this thread is still open, where do you download the virtual instruments from? I have PT 11 and there are no instruments bundled with it when I downloaded it. I have the academic version.

You download them separately in your Avid Account.

Attachment 4103

You can see this in action in this video. It's about PT12, but the same procedure applies for PT11, except everything is in one download instead of 3.

anacao 10-13-2015 07:27 AM

where do you download the virtual instruments from? Hope everybody help please. I need a tool to play musical instruments. Thanks

TOM@METRO 10-13-2015 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anacao (Post 2302550)
where do you download the virtual instruments from? Hope everybody help please. I need a tool to play musical instruments. Thanks

Sign in to your Avid account and download from there.

btwnthbttns 01-02-2016 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 2302558)

I just upgraded from PT11 to PT12. Downloading PT12 and the AIR Instruments bundle was a piece of cake. However, when I try to download/install the Effects Bundle and xpand!2, I get a message that to do so I must first uninstall the older versions of these two downloads. I cannot locate these "older versions", much less uninstall them. Can you please tell me how to do so? I haven't asked a question of the community here in ages, so I am just assuming that my old Sandra report will be viewable to whomever is able and willing to help me with this frustrating problem. In any case, if it matters, I am running Pro Tools on a Windows PC (laptop). I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months back and that is the only change not reflected in my old Sandra report. Hopefully, someone can help me with my conundrum. I couldn't seem to find any reference to this problem by searching prior posts/threads. Thanks much, in advance! :confused:

TOM@METRO 01-02-2016 01:11 PM

Do you actually have these currently installed? Check you plug-ins folder and see if they exist there. I assume you do not see them in "Add/Remove Programs".

debora17resende 03-18-2016 12:32 PM

I dont see where I can do the download. I am beginning with avid and everything is new for me. (sorry my english, i am brazilian).

Stronger 10-15-2019 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 2302558)

Everything is wonderful when starting a new product !