Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Recording C24 Listen Mic (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=281784)

odominguez 09-09-2010 05:55 PM

Recording C24 Listen Mic

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you know of a good way to record the output of the C24 listen mic. This things seems to have compressor that sounds extremely interesting, and I would love to have the ability to record it to Pro Tools. Is this possible?

Fullsound Recording 09-09-2010 10:08 PM

Re: Recording C24 Listen Mic

To slate, simply route the mic from the surface to a input of your choice.

odominguez 09-09-2010 10:16 PM

Yeah, but how? This microphone input has independent control on the surface itself. I see no way of getting its output routed anywhere. As far as I know it is hard wired to the speaker output. This is what I would like someone here to help me find...

SpongeBob 09-10-2010 07:40 AM

The output of the C24 talkback mic is available on channel 5 of the Cue Outputs connector on the back of the unit. (see page 112 of the user guide)

I route mine to a track in PT to insert into the headphone mix.

Note: A patch panel is ideal for routing the the cue outputs and control room outputs from the C24.

You can do the same ... just take the output of the talkback mic from channel 5 of the Cue Outputs connector and bring it into PT as if it were a room mic.

Say, didn't Phil Collins do that on one of his recordings .... possibly In The Air Tonight?

SBMusicAndPost 07-25-2013 09:26 AM

i know this is old but the question originally posted does not pertain to the talk back mic. The c24 and the icon's have a separate "listen" mic. This is designed to be a small discrete mic placed in the booth or live room as a room mic for communicating with performers. The benefit of this mic is being able to hear people talking in the room without having to open pro tools or have any other mics set up. my listen mic is permanently hidden in a corner tucked into the fabric of the wall. You simply turn it on and off when you want to hear it. I am not sure if there is a patch point for it on the db25 or if it just goes to the mains.

paulo m 07-26-2013 04:08 AM

Quote:

Say, didn't Phil Collins do that on one of his recordings .... possibly In The Air Tonight?
He did, but was using an SSL listen mic circuitry, not a C24:-)

Brahamnesik 07-24-2016 10:38 AM

Hello, did you guys find a solution to record the listenback mic?

YYR123 07-24-2016 11:56 AM

Recording C24 Listen Mic

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulo m (Post 2066909)
He did, but was using an SSL listen mic circuitry, not a C24:-)

I'm sure it sounds the same as an SSL... :rolleyes: