Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Dynamics drop down doesn't show full plug in list (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408077)

March314 01-15-2020 09:33 PM

Dynamics drop down doesn't show full plug in list

1 Attachment(s)
Hi. Everyone.
I'm having an issue with my Dynamics tab in the plug ins menu. Its showing all plug ins from "Zero - P" then skips "Q, R, S, T" then shows "U - V". I've searched the web and it seems like i'm the only one having this issue. If there's anyone out there that may have had or is having this issue, and knows a fix, id greatly appreciate the info.

BScout 01-16-2020 12:37 AM

Re: Dynamics drop down doesn't show full plug in list

The problem is your screen resolution. The list is just cut off by the bottom of your screen.

Are you running the native resolution for your monitor or scaling up your resolution?

Southsidemusic 01-16-2020 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BScout (Post 2551051)
The problem is your screen resolution.

Yep we thought this was a bug a long time ago too but the list is there at the bottom so as BScout said you need to change the resolution. Also isn’t there a small arrow at the bottom for scrolling down the list?

BScout 01-16-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2551063)
Also isn’t there a small arrow at the bottom for scrolling down the list?

Since his/her list is going to 2 columns, probably not.

(and if there was, it'd be cut off the screen too)

Southsidemusic 01-16-2020 03:28 PM

Aha Got it!

So resolution of the screen is key here.

Songster 12-02-2021 11:09 PM

I've got the same issue with plugin lists. I have 2 monitors with the display extended. They are different monitors and sizes. When I pull up the list on the top screen in edit or mix windows, the list stretches to the bottom of the lower display, then starts on the the top of the top display. But when I click the list on the edit or mix window on the bottom display, the same list goes off the bottom of the display and starts on the top of the lower display leaving out the whole section of plugins.

This happens with busses too, but on the AVID plugins, the small scroll arrows are at the top and bottom and I can page thru them... not with others, such as WAVES. I've changed resolutions but that didn't seem to help. I'm using PT 2021 with Windows 10, but this problem has been around for many years and versions. Would be nice if it got fixed for as much money as we spend on this program and support. :(:mad:

albee1952 12-03-2021 07:17 AM

This is why the Search option gets a lot of use here:D

Skwaidu 12-04-2021 02:24 AM

It happens to me too. I thought it was a thing with my "unsupported" Win11 but apparently not.

FWIW my main screen where I see this is running natively at 1440p, then I have 2 1080p screens that start extending the desktop from the right side of the main screen.