Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   does Pro tools le 8 work on windows 7 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=320255)

Felix777 03-28-2012 09:58 AM

does Pro tools le 8 work on windows 7

Hello all,

I have a M-Box2 factory, Pro tools LE 8.
And i run it on Windows XP.
I would like to upgrade to Windows 7.. But, can i still run my version of pro tools on windows 7?
help please.. :confused:

QuikDraw 03-28-2012 10:42 AM

Re: does Pro tools le 8 work on windows 7

You'll need version 8.0.5 (Actually 8.0.3 or above works with Win7).

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=393667

You must install PTLE 8.0.x already installed on your system because 8.0.5 is an updater. Make sure you read the 8.0.5 instructions BEFORE you install 8.0.x. If you don't pay attention, and follow the steps exactly, you will run into trouble.

There are special instructions that you MUST follow to get it to work on Win7. Please scroll to the bottom of the page linked above and read the Installation Instructions and Windows 7 Additional Installation Instructions.

Felix777 03-28-2012 11:17 AM

do i need to buy version 8.0.5 ? or can i update it for free...

*edit* excuse me i didn't click ur link.. i see it is a free update.

@QuikDraw but do i have to choose LE or M-powered ??? (since i'm working with a M-Box2 Factory)

derFunkenstein 03-29-2012 06:23 AM

Choose LE if you have an Mbox. M-Powered is for M-Audio devices.

Felix777 03-29-2012 01:21 PM

thx alot :-)

Felix777 05-24-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikDraw (Post 1916705)
You'll need version 8.0.5 (Actually 8.0.3 or above works with Win7).

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=393667

You must install PTLE 8.0.x already installed on your system because 8.0.5 is an updater. Make sure you read the 8.0.5 instructions BEFORE you install 8.0.x. If you don't pay attention, and follow the steps exactly, you will run into trouble.

There are special instructions that you MUST follow to get it to work on Win7. Please scroll to the bottom of the page linked above and read the Installation Instructions and Windows 7 Additional Installation Instructions.

I can't seem to find the link on the bottom of the page that you are talking about.. can u post up a link on what's important switching to Windows 7 please? Next week i'm going to put Windows 7 on my pc, which now runs on XP. Any tips/advice on what's important for me in this process??
Thx.

jackgordonbrown 05-29-2012 03:00 AM

I've just bought a second hand PC and installed windows 7 on it....in terms of spec it ticks all the boxes on Avid's website

Have been trying for the past day or so to install Protools 8 LE for the first time but having big problems :(

Ive uninstalled Internet Explorer 8 and uploaded the latest version of Quicktime, two bits of adviced offered on DUC for solving compatibility issues, but still I can't get past the the very first install screen.

If any one can help ill buy them an e-beer

albee1952 05-29-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackgordonbrown (Post 1935297)
I've just bought a second hand PC and installed windows 7 on it....in terms of spec it ticks all the boxes on Avid's website

Have been trying for the past day or so to install Protools 8 LE for the first time but having big problems :(

Ive uninstalled Internet Explorer 8 and uploaded the latest version of Quicktime, two bits of adviced offered on DUC for solving compatibility issues, but still I can't get past the the very first install screen.

If any one can help ill buy them an e-beer

Start by running the uninstaller that is included on the PT8 disk(firewire interface should be turned OFF, or USB interface should be unplugged). Then download the 8.0.5 updater to your desktop(you will need it soon enough). There seems to be a little "trickery" involved to make this work, so read this twice before you jump in.

Run the installer as Administrator. When the installer asks for the interface to be connected, DON'T. Just click OKAY and let it finish and reboot. After the reboot, run the 8.0.5 updater. When the updater asks for the interface, turn on(002/003) or plug in(Mbox2 or 3) and click OKAY. Reboot again and open Pro Tools(have the authorization code handy....the one that starts with "DIGI0800......."). If this fails, run the uninstaller again and start over, BUT try installing in Vista SP1 compatibility(everything else applies).

BTW, since you never mention what interface you have, if its the old "original" Mbox(baby blue with Focusrite preamps) then you can skip all of this as its not going to work at all. The old Mbox doesn't work past 8.0.1, and Windows 7 requires 8.0.4 or later:rolleyes:

Heartfield 10-08-2016 12:32 PM

Dave I have a situation that I was able to run Protools LE 8.0 with mbox mini 2 before and I installed win 10 and had problems. I reflashed my pc back to win 7 and since then had not been able to reinstall Protools Le 8.0.

albee1952 10-09-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartfield (Post 2387629)
Dave I have a situation that I was able to run Protools LE 8.0 with mbox mini 2 before and I installed win 10 and had problems. I reflashed my pc back to win 7 and since then had not been able to reinstall Protools Le 8.0.

How did you "reflash" back to windows 7? If it were my rig(and I could not move up to PT11), I would recover from a drive image done when things were working. If you aren't hip to drive imaging, you need to get on that bandwagon. In that case, I would start over with a fresh install of windows 7. Then download the 8.0.5 updater, run the installation exactly as I described above, and cross your fingers. Mostly because apple is dropped quicktime for Windows, and I think PT8 requires quicktime(maybe a google search will help you find a download of the last release of it:o).