Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   WTB: TC Electronics MD3 TDM Bundle (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412394)

Bushpig 10-26-2020 02:48 AM

WTB: TC Electronics MD3 TDM Bundle

Hi,

Looking to see if anyone has a TC MD3 TDM licence still kicking around.

I'm assuming it was always on iLok, so maybe someone still has it lurking somewhere in the long forgotten corners of their account.

Cheers.

Steve Bush

Mark Ziebarth 10-26-2020 03:19 AM

Re: WTB: TC Electronics MD3 TDM Bundle

It was always on iLok, I can say. Unfortunately I sold mine last year. [emoji2321]
Good luck!

Mark

Bushpig 10-26-2020 03:26 AM

Hi Mark,

Did you like it when you owned it BTW?

It appears MD3 is the only TDM based limiter I've found that attempts to do ISP limiting properly.

Steve

Mark Ziebarth 10-26-2020 03:39 AM

It was my go to tool in the sum for nearly 10 years. It did very good multiband compression and the Brickwall Limiter at the end of the chain was all good as well.
I would still use it if it was available for native... But that’s the TC plug-in policy I can’t understand...

Best

Mark

Bushpig 10-26-2020 03:50 AM

Mark,

Yeah, it's weird how these companies decide that servicing the professional community on the industry standard platform is a non-starter idea. I just don't get it. I'm looking at you too Waves!?!

Cheers.

Steve

innenhofstudios 10-26-2020 08:12 AM

i never understood the decision about non transfering it to AAX. it was absolutley incredible sounding Multiband Compression and the first real IS-Limiter. Much earlier than Nugens ISL or Pro-Limiter. The Soft-Clip was also super nice.

Bushpig 10-26-2020 09:00 AM

Hey Innenhofstudios,

Yes, there's lots of reasons I've been keeping my TDM systems going and hence picking up some TDM versions of plugs I've wanted for ages, including lots that never made it over to AAX.

I sent you a PM about your copy of MD3, but it looks like you just sold it.

Steve

rantanplan 10-26-2020 09:51 AM

Hi Bushpig

OT: Did you try PT 10 on OSX 10.10? Was there ever a fix for the GUI issues?
I'm still using 10.8.5 and I wonder if I should upgrade to 10.9. or 10.10.

Cheers and sorry for hijacking the thread...

Bushpig 10-26-2020 10:04 AM

Hey Rantan Plan,

No problem with the hijack.

Yes I tried PT10.3.10 on OSX 10.10 (went from 10.8.5). Didn't work. Technically it did run, but most of the menus and pull-downs were all fricked up. Un-useable basically.

As you will see from my signature I ended up on OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks. It's not officially supported, but it works beautifully apart from one small little superficial OSX behavioural thing I won't bore you with. It's the one operating system version that sort of has one foot in the old world, and one in the new.

Certain software's I run (some Kontakt libraries for instance) have a minimum of 10.9.5, so I kind of find I'm in an acceptable place still running PT10.3.10 and OSX 10.9.5.

I actually have a slave machine running High Sierra and Vienna Ensemble Pro between the two machines for all the libraries that won't run in older Kontakt (5.8 I think) and/or OSX 10.9.5. It's a very palatable setup TBH. Not much I can't do between the two machines linked.

Hope that helps.

Steve B.

PS: If you need to know the one oddity of 10.9.5, drop me back a note here and I'll explain.

rantanplan 10-26-2020 12:07 PM

Hi Steve

Thank you very much for sharing this!

So 10.10. is definitely a "no go"...

I also want to upgrade for the same reasons.
Some plugin updates can't be installed anymore. Not even because of the plugins themselves but because of the installer. And other software, like Safari for instance, is so outdated that it does not work properly anymore.

Yes I'm interested in this oddity. I'm using a hackintosh. Therefore it would help me a lot to know what issues are home made, so to speak.

Thank you again and have a nice evening.
Till (<- my name ;-)