Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Waves plugins - latest versions? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=378916)

musicman691 03-17-2016 10:56 AM

Waves plugins - latest versions?

Dumb question time:
How does one tell if one has the latest version of their Waves plugins?

zion 03-17-2016 02:33 PM

Re: Waves plugins - latest versions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2342632)
Dumb question time:
How does one tell if one has the latest version of their Waves plugins?

Download the latest Waves Central and login it does the rest.

musicman691 03-18-2016 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zion (Post 2342664)
Download the latest Waves Central and login it does the rest.

So there's no way to tell if I have the latest or not otherwise?

zion 03-18-2016 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2342749)

Is this your first time using Waves Central? If so, your old app install is still on your computer and it should show the version your on. If not Wave Central will always install the latest version. At least that's been my experience. What I did was, uninstalled all my plugins from the old install's uninstall app and then ran Waves Centrall and it reinstalled all the latest plugins.

WombatStudio.Org 03-18-2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2342749)

If you login via the waves.com website and view MY PRODUCTS it'll show if you've activated the "Latest Version" ... Whether you've activated it through the Waves Central app or not, only you would know.

Or, if you know the latest version, click on the Waves logo in the plugin to show what version you're actually running in your DAW.

musicman691 03-19-2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org (Post 2342785)
If you login via the waves.com website and view MY PRODUCTS it'll show if you've activated the "Latest Version" ... Whether you've activated it through the Waves Central app or not, only you would know.

Or, if you know the latest version, click on the Waves logo in the plugin to show what version you're actually running in your DAW.

Thank you - this is exactly what I needed to know. I didn't know these methods of checking.

Table Syrup Records 03-22-2016 05:37 AM

And, at least on Mac, you can right click, get info, and the version number is listed in the file info of the plug file/bundle

musicman691 03-22-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Table Syrup Records (Post 2343622)
And, at least on Mac, you can right click, get info, and the version number is listed in the file info of the plug file/bundle

But not for Waves; they're not in the system like regular plugins - only the Waveshell.

Table Syrup Records 04-02-2016 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What? Not sure what you mean.

If you go to the Waves plugin folder, right click the bundle and select get info.

You can do this on a plug by plug basis. The waveshells themselves you can also check shell by shell, though, those are normally named with their versions

musicman691 04-03-2016 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Table Syrup Records (Post 2347018)
What? Not sure what you mean.

If you go to the Waves plugin folder, right click the bundle and select get info.

You can do this on a plug by plug basis. The waveshells themselves you can also check shell by shell, though, those are normally named with their versions

Like I said they're not in the system like regular plugins in the usual folders for aax plugins.