Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Soooo, how's 10.2 treating everyone? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=323095)

DJ Hellfire 05-24-2012 04:17 PM

Soooo, how's 10.2 treating everyone?

Kinda scared to update my PC to 10.2. Ever since installing 10.0.2 I haven't had a single error and have been rocking steady at 64MB, recording and mixing. :cool:

Anyone having success with 10.2 (Mac or PC)?

Meads 05-24-2012 04:31 PM

Re: Soooo, how's 10.2 treating everyone?

Just make a backup of your system, so you can revert, should something go wrong.
From what I read here lately, the update to 10.2 has solved a whole lot of issues people were having, an the general reception is very positive.
Some people are saying, their issues haven't been fixed, but I haven't read of any new ones that were introduced with 10.2.

belolab 05-24-2012 04:38 PM

On macosx 10.7.3 8 core tdm hd2 all working well, and fixed the crashes I was having

DRC Music 05-24-2012 05:16 PM

10.2 has fixed EVERY THING for me

Recording and mixing at a buffer of 64 with no issues at all

This has been a stellar update

Thank you so much AVID! :D

sd57deny 05-24-2012 05:29 PM

prob the best version of 10 out thus far ....as far as the versions I've ran on my system

TOM@METRO 05-24-2012 05:31 PM

10.2 HDX in Windows and OSX here. I would not go back. :-)

Having said that... back up, back up, back up.

albee1952 05-24-2012 05:52 PM

+1000 for backups. 10.2 for me feels almost the same as 10.1.2 on the same machine. No change in either direction. Overall, I can work fine as long as I exercise patience. Anytime I click to do something(like open a plugin or export a clip) I MUST wait for that function to finish before clicking onto the next thing. If I don't wait, its about 50/50 that I will have a freeze or a grey screen(which requires a force quit and a reboot). I'm gonna tough it out and hope for another update that maybe will solve that, and just slow down a bit.

BobbyDazzler 05-24-2012 06:06 PM

So far my machine has become worse. CPU has increased and working with vision has noticebly more lag.
I'm wondering if I need to get Lion to get back some stability.

pfo 05-24-2012 06:20 PM

It's working beautifully over here on my Mac Pro 1,1 running OS 10.7.4.

Most importantly, they fixed the Clip Gain/Nudge bug, which means I'm actually able to use Clip Gain now for the first time. It's pretty cool!

TimothyJohn 05-24-2012 06:47 PM

No complaints. 10 has been good to me. On Wed, uploaded a field recording of my students' concert performance Tues. night, added a one band high pass, channel strip for eq and light compression, bussed to Uad reverb. On the master I used a Uad Fairchild, Ozone 5 CD preset with a few tweaks, then the Pro Tools dither. Lots of edits, mostly to cut time between songs and fade applause. I like being able to view both waveforms as I apply crossfades. Allows me to join the clips so that the performance flows seamlessly from song to song. For the students, I bounced down to a wav file, then burned to CD so they could hear and evaluate their performances. They were genuinely impressed.:-) It's great to see young people discover and enjoy the sound of their voices! I did this in about an hour, from the uploading of the sound file to the burning of the CD. All bus powered running on battery.

Later after school, I bounced to disc creating three or four mp3 versions of varying Cbr's--from 320kb/s to 48kb/s. This was for a presentation given to fellow educators in a computer tech class.

Pro Tools hummed along nicely. Not a huge project by any stretch, but still cool to be able to just zip along without any stutters, hiccups, over-runs, under-runs, etc.

Tim

17" Macbook Pro 2.3 GHz quad i7 8gb ram OSX 10.6.8.
Mbox 3, Axiom Pro 61 and Portagig 500gb ext. drive.
Pro Tools 10.2.0.