Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   support ??? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=307131)

MyerzMedia 09-06-2011 09:26 AM

support ???

Does anyone know how to get a hold of support?

ASC Case Request??? how?

All I need is my activation for my Eleven Rack to reset so I can install it on my MAC.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Benoni 09-06-2011 09:33 AM

Re: support ???

Install what on your Mac? What "activation for Eleven Rack"?

What do you think needs to be reset?

No need to re-register your Eleven Rack. Pro Tools 8/9 will install just fine.

The ERXP will install just fine. What needs to be "reset" and why?

MyerzMedia 09-06-2011 12:59 PM

When you go install the Eleven Rack Updater it prompts you to enter the Serial # and System ID, well I have already installed it, on my PC. I'm not on my PC any longer, I'm on a Mac and I want to update the GUI for the Eleven Rack. When I go to run the application it tells me that the activation seat has already used for this serial #. I had to have this reset once before when I was having issues with Internet Explorer 9. The reason why I want to contact support is not the issue, it's contacting support is my issue.

Benoni 09-06-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyerzMedia (Post 1832501)
When you go install the Eleven Rack Updater it prompts you to enter the Serial # and System ID, well I have already installed it, on my PC. I'm not on my PC any longer, I'm on a Mac and I want to update the GUI for the Eleven Rack. When I go to run the application it tells me that the activation seat has already used for this serial #. I had to have this reset once before when I was having issues with Internet Explorer 9. The reason why I want to contact support is not the issue, it's contacting support is my issue.

No, thats the FIRMWARE updater. You do NOT need to ever run that again. The Firmware updater has no bearing on the Eleven Rack Window showing up properly in Pro Tools. Once you unzip the ERXP download, run the ERXP, and you are done, no code needed, the FIRST section installs all the needed GUI plugs. There is NO NEED to then go to your desktop and run the firmware updater again.

If you have already run the first section, open up Pro Tools and you will see the 11R Window has been updated.

Quote:

Q: What exactly is installed by the ERXP installer?

A: The Eleven Rack Expansion Pack installer does two things:

• Updates the following Pro Tools Plug-Ins files on your computer to support the new amps, cabs and FX in the Eleven Rack control window:

• Eleven_Delay_UI.dpm
• Eleven_Distortion_UI.dpm
• Eleven_Dynamics_UI.dpm
• Eleven_EQ_UI.dpm
• Eleven_Modulation_UI.dpm
• Eleven_UI.dpm
• Eleven_Volume_UI.dpm

Places an “Avid Eleven Rack Updater” application or folder on your desktop. Run this second Updater to update your Eleven Rack’s internal memory with the new Amps, Cabs, FX etc.

Quote:

Q: Can I use my ERXP-updated Eleven Rack at my friend’s studio? He doesn’t have ERXP installed on his Pro Tools system.

A: Yes, you can, as all of the Amp/Cab and FX processing occurs in the Eleven Rack—but in order to see all of the new Amps, Cabs and FX in the Pro Tools Guitar Window, you will need to bring the main ERXP installer along with you to the studio and run it on that system. This will place all of the necessary UI files in the Plug-ins folder. You can run that part of the ERXP installer as many times as you wish, on supported Pro Tools systems (see grid below). It’s a small installer which should fit easily on most thumb drives. Note that you cannot run the Avid Eleven Rack Updater application on another machine without additional serial codes.
Quote:

IMPORTANT: You can only run the Firmware Updater portion of ERXP (the part which requires the serial numbers) on ONE SYSTEM. Once you have run the FW Updater on your Eleven Rack and it is updated to Firmware version 2.0, there should be no need to run the FW Updater again. However, you can take the ERXP installer with you to install the Eleven Rack Pro Tools Plug-ins on another system.
Eleven Rack Expansion Pack (ERXP) FAQ

If you still feel that you need to contact support, then you can find all that info on the Avid site.

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact

Tel: 650-731-6100
Fax: 650-731-6375

Monday - Thursday 8am-5pm PST, Friday 8am-4pm PST

zedhed 09-06-2011 08:14 PM

Have you download the Mac installer from your Avid Account (you will have downloaded the PC one last time) and run the first part of it. As Benoni said, the firmware updater file placed on the desktop doesn't need to be run again so just delete it.