Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Software on the DUC (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=125660)

lemix 01-08-2005 03:49 PM

Software on the DUC

Hello fellow users,

Due to some of my encounters ( yesterday being the most recent one ) on this great forum, I'd like to announce that I'll be withdrawing my participation as an active poster on the DUC.
I don't have any gripe with our host's decision to shuffle and delete threads that I've valued and truly enjoined. As a matter of fact, I do agree. OT posts should be just that, and moved out of the main help pages.
Screening of all posts IMHO should be implemented !
This is where I have a slight problem with website administration...
A small group of users ( myself included ) have gone OT in a thread called "Bar&Grill", which was removed today. Fine, there was a preceding announcement stating just that.
However, as I do frequent "regular" PT oriented threads to receive and give help/advice, I am truly shocked that posts with content displaying/indicating software piracy will remain posted and undeleted.
You should know that I've worked for a year as an optical media pre-mastering technician and was fully IRMA trained and certified in Anti Piracy Compliance. I've brought this up here before, and requested fellow users to stay away from posting about and using stolen, pirated, crack versions of software. Plugins in particular, but some Steinberg applications were also brought up.
No, I'm not saying this happens often or doesn't pop up in other forums.
But...Digi web administration should be removing these, according to their policies !
You tell me if a little "childish" comment on garlic in the dinner is more or less damaging to Digi's corporate image, than someone posting how and where to get cracked Waves plugins !
So, with this off my chest...I'll be gone from this otherwise excellent forum.
I will finish posting back on this thread though, and you guys can e-mail me privately in the future.

happy tooling,

Stiff 01-08-2005 03:54 PM

Re: Software on the DUC

Check your email....

lemix 01-08-2005 04:00 PM

Will do laterish Stiffy..

Third Eye Studios 01-08-2005 04:04 PM

Sorry to see ya go. Pretty soon, there won't be anybody left to answer our questions. This place has been pretty grim of late. It's like the school got a new principal, and he's cracking down on everyone with a smile on their face.

Stiff 01-08-2005 04:09 PM

I agree. First Bazzle then Andrew, I might just go myself.

Third Eye Studios 01-08-2005 04:13 PM

It was awesome having all of these great people here with tons of PT experience. If there was a problem with your PT rig, these guys had been through it or know someone who has. Let's all move to Kingfish's forum!!!!!!!!!

Stiff 01-08-2005 04:17 PM

ops, almost forgot graveleye

You're right. Kingfish's forum, never been there...

lemix 01-08-2005 04:19 PM

Third Eye Studios ,
Hey dude, please don't get upset !!
I'm in no way an experienced user ! All the help one needs is totally available from many, many members of this great community !

rock on...

K.B. 01-08-2005 04:20 PM

What's the link?

lemix 01-08-2005 04:22 PM

Quote:

ops, almost forgot graveleye
You're right. Kingfish's forum, never been there...

See you around Maestro!
Can someone please compile all available links for other forums, where cool cats hang ??

cheers,