Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Omni and Izotope RX without PT? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=396539)

Pinball Wizard 01-22-2018 12:12 PM

Omni and Izotope RX without PT?

I am using an Omni and an HD Sync with Pro Tools HD native. I am on Windows 10 with an old, but previously Avid qualified HP Z400. I do have a Digilink license. All is working fine.

I would like to use the Omni to get audio into the computer for other software. Specifically, I would like to get audio into Izotope RX 6 without using Pro Tools. There are many threads here about getting audio OUT of an Omni, but that is not what I want to do.

Yes, I do know about RX connect and that does function as a work-around. Yes, I do know about RX Monitor and that also doesn't completely address this.

I also know about the ASIO Avid driver in RX preferences. I suspected that may be the solution but it didn't seem to help when I tried it. I really don't know much about it.

Has anyone here been able to get this to work?

Thank you.

albee1952 01-22-2018 08:44 PM

Re: Omni and Izotope RX without PT?

First off, is Windows set(in Sound>Properties) to use HDN/Omni as its default playback device?

The vast majority of Windows systems are best off with Windows set to use the computer's on-board sound card as the default playback device. So with that in mind, could you take an optical SPDIF output from the motherboard and connect that to a matching input of the OMNI and then use the Omni's monitoring function(its SUPPOSED to allow any input to be monitored). :o

Pinball Wizard 01-23-2018 09:35 AM

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my question.

Please understand that I am trying to get audio IN to RX and, of course I am talking about RX stand-alone, not when used as a plug-in.

No, I do not see the Omni as a choice for the Windows device. ...and that of course is my problem.

The Z400 does not have motherboard digital connections.....only analog. I guess that I could use a sound card but I am really hoping to essentially use the Omni and Avid Dgilink card as a soundcard.

So perhaps a better question might be.....
Windows users: does the Omni show up as a choice in Windows control panel for default input/output device?

Again, thank you.

musicman691 05-29-2018 03:38 AM

Just got RX6 and it's pretty amazing. For standalone I had to go into the preferences for RX and select my audio interface (Avid 11 Rack) for the ins and outs. Should be the same for Windows I would imagine.

albee1952 05-29-2018 12:12 PM

Is the OMNI available under Sound Properties>Recording? You could also record into Pro Tools session and then Drag&Drop the audio from the session Audio Files folder, directly into RX:o

MIKEROPHONICS 06-21-2018 03:47 AM

Source-Nexus (if you were mac) allows you to pipe audio around your programs.
I am sorry I do not know of a windows equivalent.