Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   First Fader of Artist Mix is stuck to whatever Dock fader is (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406031)

mrtomcat 08-20-2019 10:58 PM

First Fader of Artist Mix is stuck to whatever Dock fader is

I am extremely frustrated...
I have 4 Artists Mixes/PT Control and a Dock.
I have had them for years and I have used them without any major issues for years. Today I suddenly ran into a problem I have not encountered before and if that I accidentally enabled some weird setting I certainly have not been able to turn it off, I tried all I can.

In a nutshell, since today the first fader of the most left Artist Mix is assigned to the dock fader. If I turn that artist mix off, the next most left artist mix's first fader inherits the Dock fader.

I reset every setting in eucon, it does not matter what type of track is selected. Whatever functional the dock fader has the most left fader on the artist mix inherits.

I did cold boots, no change.

Is that some sort of setting I accidentally turned on and how in the world do I turn it off? Or did something get corrupted in that case how which files do I need to trash? The only thing I have not done is to reinstall eucon. I am in the middle of a mix and I have a deadline, I really don't want to have to rebuild.

Any help?
I am also going to open a ticket with avid support, but usually these things get resolved here faster.

I am running the current versions of PT Ultimate and Eucon ( 19.7)

mattrixx 08-21-2019 04:45 AM

Re: First Fader of Artist Mix is stuck to whatever Dock fader is

This sounds familiar to an S3 some of us are having on the other thread.
Try putting all your Artist Mixes first and the Dock last in the order of devices in the first Eucon window. (Right hand side list of that window)

EddieJones 08-21-2019 09:23 PM

What he said....sorry its a bug (with a workaround until next release)

mrtomcat 08-22-2019 12:10 AM

good to know, however, my order is AM, AM,AM Dock, AM
I can try to reorder again to see if that works...

Any thought on when the next release will happen?

mrtomcat 08-22-2019 01:17 AM

sadly this work around did not work for me. I tried every possible order all that changed was which first fader the dock fader would control... ie the dock fader is completely out of whack at this point... seems even worse than yesterday.
I am going to try and reinstall in hopes that maybe that fixes it for now... I wish I could downgrade to the prior eucon version....but PT Control.... damn Apple

Reckless Erik 08-22-2019 06:03 AM

+1 dammit

EddieJones 08-22-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtomcat (Post 2536046)
Any thought on when the next release will happen?

We are bringing it up to September

sjgam 08-22-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2536087)
We are bringing it up to September

Thats with S1 and the new Control app right? :-)

EddieJones 08-22-2019 11:29 AM

No...Thats towards the end of the year

mrtomcat 08-22-2019 09:13 PM

ok, I spoke too soon, as it turns out I tried every combination except moving the Dock to slot 1, which is what the S3 thread mentioned and it's working now!!!

It was late at night and I had a long day... bottom line, the workaround is working and I am back in business

thanks for the help!!!