Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   "Set Selection Start" causes short audio pause...how to fix? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=219987)

Leigh Marble 04-16-2008 03:03 PM

\"Set Selection Start\" causes short audio pause...how to fix?

I've used Pro Tools LE for years on a 001. Recently made the switch to PTMP 7.4 on a Profire 2626.

Things are working great in general, but there is a slight difference in behavior from what I'm used to that's driving me nuts. When I "set selection start" during playback (either by pressing the down arrow, or clicking in the timeline), there's a short pause in the audio, before playback resumes.

This may not sound like a bit deal, but I press the down arrow a lot during playback as part of my workflow, and this little pause is no bueno for me.

Can anyone confirm if it's always been like this for PTMP? Or if this is a Leopard issue? Or, even better, does anyone have a fix for this behavior?

Tech details: this happens with all buffer sizes, and both with clocking internally and to an external converter. My system:

Mac Pro 2 x 2.8GHz
Leopard 10.5.2
Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4
Profire 2626 (firmware v 1.0.7)

Thanks for the help!
Leigh

Leigh Marble 07-09-2008 12:04 PM

Re: \"Set Selection Start\" causes short audio pause...how to fix?

This annoying gap/pause is still happening after my recent upgrade to PT 7.4.2 (running now under Leopard 10.5.4)

Anyone else??

Thanks,
Leigh

Quote:

When I "set selection start" during playback (either by pressing the down arrow, or clicking in the timeline), there's a short pause in the audio, before playback resumes.

This may not sound like a bit deal, but I press the down arrow a lot during playback as part of my workflow, and this little pause is no bueno for me.

Can anyone confirm if it's always been like this for PTMP? Or if this is a Leopard issue? Or, even better, does anyone have a fix for this behavior?

Leigh Marble 09-01-2009 11:42 AM

Re: "Set Selection Start" (down arrow) causes short audio pause...how to fix?

Damn, I lived with this one for long enough without figuring it out...

It seems the culprit was Dynamic Transport, which either was turned on by default after I upgraded to 7.4, or I accidentally turned it on.

Turning off DT seems to have fixed this issue. This was discovered late last night, by accident, so I'll verify it today.

Leigh Marble 09-01-2009 01:58 PM

Oh, and to clarify: this short pause only happens when "Link Timeline and Edit Selection" is also On. (For me, that's most of the time.)

audiogeekzine 09-01-2009 02:01 PM

I HATE Dynamic Transport

:mad: