Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Tips & Tricks (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Score Editor Chord Symbol questions (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=258029)

Steve Marcotte 10-29-2009 08:13 AM

Score Editor Chord Symbol questions

I am a new Pro Tools user and am using the Score Editor and Chord Symbols for the first time.

I have searched the DUC and read the documentation and have not found the answers to my questions.

How can I copy chord 'events'? I would like to copy and paste individual chords so I don't have to reenter them. Seems like I should be able to select a chord, hold down alt/option, and drag to new location to create a copy.

Also, if the 2nd verse is same as the 1st, I don't want to have to go thru entering all the chords again, especially in the case of a song with many complex chords, I want to copy all the 1st verse chords to the 2nd verse.

How can I create new guitar chord fingerings? The ones supplied don't contain some of the fingerings I use.

How can I have the Score Editor display memory locations (intro, verse 1, etc).

I am really impressed with Pro Tools so far but am surprised that it doesn't seem to have functionality that I had on my Atari ST in the early 90's.

Sorry if I have missed something obvious but would appreciate any pointers.

Tritonemusic 11-11-2009 12:27 AM

Re: Score Editor Chord Symbol questions

I've been trying to find out the exact same thing. It seems so basic, but the ability to do this doesn't appear to be possible.

paulreed 11-11-2009 12:25 PM

I also looked for this and ...nothing

strangeLoop 11-11-2009 01:43 PM

Yes, this is a drag when you have entered all your chord symbols for a whole song and then you rearrange things you have to go back and one by one rewrite all the chord symbols.

strangeLoop 11-11-2009 01:55 PM

Let me add, that this is even more of a headache because your chord symbols are often the visual guide as to where you are in the arrangement, and when you cut and past the music around you have lost your guide because there is no way to cut and past a verse or chorus of chord symbols.

paulreed 11-13-2009 10:37 AM

I messed with it....if you are in grid mode and highlight JUST the chord symbol lane, you can copy and paste it around:-)

strangeLoop 11-13-2009 12:19 PM

Yes, you are correct. I was trying to include it with other selections and that is where it doesn't work. This could be a bug.
You have to only select the chord lane and then copy to a selection point only in the chord lane. If you try to shift-click a track along with it, the chords won't copy.
Thanks for the information.

Steve Marcotte 01-12-2011 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulreed (Post 1496093)
I messed with it....if you are in grid mode and highlight JUST the chord symbol lane, you can copy and paste it around:-)

Wow, just came back to the DUC to find the answer to this question and saw paulreed's solution! Guess I didn't sign up correctly for notifications. THANK YOU! Much appreciated.
Steve