Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   PT ultimate yearly Subscription plan + DigiLink I/O license (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=404735)

samplaire 05-15-2019 11:38 AM

PT ultimate yearly Subscription plan + DigiLink I/O license

Is this truethat this scenario is not possible? If so why?

DetroitT 05-16-2019 01:51 PM

Re: PT ultimatum yearly Subscription plan + Digi link i/o license

Digi Link license does come with ultimate Perpetual renewal

samplaire 05-17-2019 01:52 AM

Thanks for your answer but it still has s marigin to speculations.

I need a clear information. I’m talking about a new license (not renewal). Does the digilink license come together with the perpetual pt ultimate and is included in the price? Or is it an option when you buy perpetual pt ultimate and you have to buy it separately?

BTW it is stupid you can’t buy it with subscription. No other word can express my feelings about this policy. Not to mention paying for possibility to use an interface is ridiculous especially when I use... their interface. Digidesign 96 via hdnative. Where is the logic?

DetroitT 05-17-2019 08:27 AM

I understand now.
Your saying to us that a subscription for ultimate does not give you digilink license.
ie. can’t use your subscription!

Can subscribers confirm this? As OP suggests, this seems unfair.

I have renewed and reinstated perpetual and have this license deposit.

jeffro 05-21-2019 10:23 AM

Re: PT ultimate yearly Subscription plan + DigiLink I/O license

This FAQ should clarify things regarding the Pro Tools DigiLink I/O license. Do you have HDX or HD Native hardware?

samplaire 05-21-2019 12:20 PM

I’m sorry but I’m still confused after reason the Article.

I have a mac (5,1) , osx 12.6, with a hd native card and a digidesign 96 audio interface. What I want? A new pro tools ultimate software and want to use it with the hardware. I dont want to buy perpetual license, I want to buy a subscription. Is this scenario possible? If not, what should I do exactly? Pro tools + hd native + digi96.

jeffro 05-21-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samplaire (Post 2526643)
I’m sorry but I’m still confused after reason the Article.

Thanks for letting us know, will pass some suggestions on to the KB team to clarify that article.
Quote:

I have a mac (5,1) , osx 12.6, with a hd native card and a digidesign 96 audio interface. What I want? A new pro tools ultimate software and want to use it with the hardware. I dont want to buy perpetual license, I want to buy a subscription. Is this scenario possible? If not, what should I do exactly? Pro tools + hd native + digi96.
It is possible. You would buy a Pro Tools Ultimate Subscription and a Pro Tools DigiLink I/O license.

If you have a perpetual PT license/bundle you could trade up to Pro Tools Ultimate plus a DigiLink license for slightly more than 2 years of a PTU Subscription. Just pointing this out - obviously don't know your needs or budget.