Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   LISTENTO by Audiomovers (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=409004)

NoiseRoom 03-21-2020 11:28 AM

LISTENTO by Audiomovers

I stumbled upon this plugin after looking for solutions for remote mixes.

https://audiomovers.com/

Is anyone using this? It is about three years old so I'm a bit concerned if it still works.

Or, do you have recommendations for something similar?

Thanks, and be healthy!

danyg 03-27-2020 07:59 AM

Re: LISTENTO by Audiomovers

use it every day

NoiseRoom 03-27-2020 08:14 AM

Thanks! :-)

Prabha 03-27-2020 06:50 PM

works like a charm!! clients happy, me happy!

bugnut 04-08-2020 03:07 PM

Is anyone here using Audiomovers with Windows 7?

Frank Kruse 04-09-2020 01:01 AM

Has anyone tried this in 5.1 or 5.0 by using multiple instances of the plugin?
Does it work?

Thanks

Frank.

bonehead88 03-23-2021 10:39 AM

I tested this with a remote friend last night. We were able to transmit in one direction - meaning he transmitted a drum beat from his Master Fader and i monitored it and tracked along-side it at my place. Very cool.

Can anyone confirm that it can accommodate a full recording loop meaning - band recording live in Locations A - singer monitoring and tracking in Location B - while looping the vocal performance back to Location A to the band for monitoring and recording as well?

I was not able to accomplish this last night but without having first hand control over his system, I'm still unclear if its feasible.

Any help is always appreciated!

Hugh-H 03-23-2021 12:34 PM

Hello,
We use AudioMovers a lot. Works well, sounds great, is affordable, and for us is a useful alternative to Unity Connect because unlike Unity it uses a relay server so no issues with firewalls (generally). Standard simultaneous receive client count is 40. We use it in conjunction with various video transmission methods. It's transport encrypted but not end-to-end encrypted (relay server) which some studio legal folks will care about.

We will frequently use it in a daw with a talkback input set up to duck the audio so we can establish a comms circuit even if the remote end is 2 channel only. Sounds great.

You can transmit 5.1 by instantiating on a 5.1 channel.
You can instantiate on multiple tracks to transmit multiple signals.
The receive plugin works great in all the daws.
If using stereo you don't need the receive plugin in a daw, you can use Chrome as the receiver. We've had clients listening on cans with their phones and it sounds good enough.
They have a beta out for a daw-less multi-channel application, I'm going to be testing that soon.

The remote end, if they don't have a paid account, cannot transmit back. However....
You can log in to one account to transmit on up to 3 computers simultaneously so if your remote end is truly trustworthy, or you can ship them a laptop (which we do), they can log in to your account and transmit back. Most of the time I can't trust someone with my account therefore....
They now have a cool multi-user account where you, the paying account, grant a free account holder access and they can use it to transmit. Then you revoke their access and grant another. Smart addition.

They were just purchased by the Abbey Road development folks. We'll see if that complicates the situation, makes it better, or doesn't affect anything.

As with all these products, and we've used just about all of them, AudioMovers has limitations. However within those limitations AudioMovers works very well. We also have accounts with SessionLinkPro, Source-Elements, Evercast, Unity, and others depending on the clients and their needs, any of our clients who've used AudioMovers with us really like it.

I'm not affiliated with AudioMovers in any way, we do live television production and use products that work well.

Hugh

its2loud 03-23-2021 09:37 PM

Hi Hugh,

I too have used Audio Movers amidst the pandemic and all the other options you listed. Clients love ListenTo and it’s ease of use. Click on a link and listen away.

This is one of my favorite finds in all the pandemic necessary plugs and remote options.

Will Russell 03-24-2021 03:29 AM

Love it! Game changer for remote mix fixes!