Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Pro Tools 9-Waves Problems (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=320168)

Oettl Jakob 03-27-2012 04:23 AM

Pro Tools 9-Waves Problems

Hello,

I've now tried 3 weeks to install Waves V7, V8 and V9 now in Pro Tools 9.
Waves can help support me any more.
I can not install any RTAS plug-ins.
In Pro Tools 9 appears plug-ins, but they are not functionally.its the VST plug-ins to be.
The fault must lie somewhere in Pro Tools, or at the installation site.
I've tried everything but I can not do it.
The next problem is that I do not think drawing automation edits with Pro Tools to run bringe.Es is only the error message: "Pro Tools is not unable to communicate with HUI.Power-cycle HUI and check his connections.Note, if HUI is in use, update the dialog peripherals to further warnings preventDefault "

I think something is not right to Pro Tools.

Otherwise running fine but Pro Tools.

Excuse me for my teri´ble english.I`m from Germany.

Thank You very much,

Greetings,

nst7 03-27-2012 07:56 AM

Re: Pro Tools 9-Waves Problems

I would suggest running the Waves Uninstaller Utility (which should be on your computer) and uninstalling every Waves item on your computer.

Then start over and run the installer only for Version 9. It should normally install all three formats: RTAS, AU, and VST.

paulreed 03-27-2012 01:17 PM

are your waves pluginns showing up with the GUI all GREY??????

yesterday, I updated from pro tools 9.0.3 to 9.0.6 so I could update my waves plugs from version 8 to 9. Once I got everything installed and authorized all was well. I worked for 4 hours doing heavy midi editing, recording and mixing, everything worked fine:D

this morning i fired up my machine and all of the WAVES GUI's are ALL GREY....nothing was changed, except for turning the computer off, then back on this morning:mad:

21/2 hours of phone tech support from WAVES and we are still working on it.

I have 2 ATI video cards running 3 video monitors and when we disabled one of the video cards, the GUI's appeared. I have been running with 2 video cards for many years, used waves since version 5 and never had this issue.

I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling before reverting back to 9.0.3 and WAVES 8 so I can work with a client tonight.

albee1952 03-27-2012 05:39 PM

Is everything installed to default directories(In other words, did you let Pro Tools and Waves install as they did by default, to the C: drive, or did you choose directories or drives)? Using defaults should make everything work as advertised(but stranger things have happened):D

aklru 03-28-2012 03:17 AM

If the plugs show up in PT, doesn't that mean they are installed?

Try this if you haven't already, it's a fix for european systems:
(On that page, click the orange text saying "Pro Tools crashes on European Windows OS")
http://www.wavesupport.net/SpecialPa...arch=european#

My waves 8 was unstable, both GUI and operation, until I applied the fix.
Apparently the plugs need US formatting of numbers and decimals to function.

Oettl Jakob 03-29-2012 09:32 AM

I've already tried everything works, but unfortunately not.

Thank you!

Oettl Jakob 03-29-2012 09:46 AM

Hello,

my Pro Tools are 9.0.5.By older Versions of 9 was the same problems.

Waves V7,V8 and now V9 doesn`t correct work in PT9.

The Waves Support can`t help.

Yesterday i had maked an rescan of all Plug-Ins in Pro Tools.

Has brought nothing.

Installed Folder (Waves and Pro Tools) are C: Programme(x86).

Cubase 6 and Wavelab 6 (C:Programme(x86)) runs perfectly with Waves V7,V8 and V9 too.

I have no idea on what could be the.

Pro Tools 9 also works not with the controller "Presonus Faderport"
"Pro Tools is unable to communicate with HUI"
The controller has been correctly added to "midi controller", but it does not work.

I believe that the fault lies somewhere in the Pro Tools system.

Thanks for the replies,

Sincerely,

Jakob

Oettl Jakob 03-29-2012 09:47 AM

My Computer is a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit AMD Quadcore

Matias Jodar 03-30-2012 07:52 AM

After a while I got Waves working in my PC with Windows 7 in ProTools 9HD, it was kind of tricky. Note: I'm from Argentina, and my Windows is in Spanish, so I'm translating textually all folders and commands, so they may be named different in your PC, but I think the names will be close enough to the english version.

1º First backup all your waves presets (C:\Program Files\Waves\Plug-Ins\Plug-In Settings);

2º Uninstall all Waves bundles;

3º Run "regedit" and ERASE these entry from the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Waves

4º Erase all these folders:
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Waves
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Waves Audio
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Waves Preferences

5º Erase ALL files with *.dpm, *.xml and *.rsr that are named "waveshell" inside:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins

6º Theres a known issue between Internet Explorer and ProTools. Theres a Registry Tweak that I downloaded a time ago from another Forum, and you can download it from http://depositfiles.com/files/k3lppq98g. I've been using it and haven't had any trouble, but I don't make myself responsible for any problem it may cause to your computer!! (It disables DEP from Internet Explorer 8 & 9);

7º Reset your PC;

8º Reinstall Waves;

9º Go to Language and Regional Options in Windows and make sure that in Regional Options -> Personalize you have these 3 things:
Decimal Symbol: , (coma)
Thousands separator: . (dot)
List separator: , (coma)

10º Reset your PC;

After all that, I ran ProTools and Waves worked perfectly!!
Hope this works fine for you too!!

WorshipMaestro 04-03-2012 02:15 PM

Have you made sure you are running PT as "Administrator"? That will solve the HUI problem and perhaps the Waves problem also. That's required for Win7 x64