Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Avid Artist Control And "wonderful" Avid Customer support... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=388259)

ctyelvis 01-20-2017 12:39 PM

Avid Artist Control And "wonderful" Avid Customer support...

2 Attachment(s)
I just bought a brand spanking new Avid Artist control and mixer from Alto music. It arrived today.
I was all excited opening the sealed boxes and setting them up on my desktop. Went to install the software and it informed me there was a newer software and that I should download it. Clicked on the link and it takes me too a dead web page. Error 404 (see pics).
I go to the Avid site and try and register my new hardware. I went through inserting all my info, only to get. "this serial number is already in our database."
I click on the link for help with this problem. it basically says click on this link to email customer support. Guess what? That link was dead too. It pops up a new email but with no "TO" address.
I call Alto Music and they confirmed what I got was NEW sealed box merchandise. They are going to try and contact Avid to figure out whats going on, since I cannot contact them.

Quite honestly, I'm already pissed and want to send both units back for a refund. I'll wait for the call back from Alto Music and see what they say.
But this is a bunch of BS a customer of NEW avid product can't get a hold of customer service without jumping through 50 hoops. :mad:

-Chris

Mark Ziebarth 01-20-2017 12:56 PM

Re: Avid Artist Control And "wonderful" Avid Customer support...

It's sad and an example. Maybe the EOL of Artist Control has something to do with it?

ctyelvis 01-20-2017 01:09 PM

Does anyone have a link to the latest software/firmware for the Artist Control and Mix?

Thank you,
Chris

-3db 01-22-2017 05:55 AM

You have to register for an ID/PWD with avid first.

That unit uses Eucon software

You need to log in to download the software update

ctyelvis 01-25-2017 12:33 PM

You can't make an account without a valid unregistered serial number.

I finally heard back from Avid Artist support. First, she couldn't get my name right. It's "Chris". She insisted my name was Tobias..
Second, even though I tried to explain this was a brand new purchase and provided the store name and purchase date, she repeated the serial number was already in the system and that I would have to pay a serial number transfer fee to have it in my name.

Long story short. I returned 3 grand of New Avid gear because of the my Avid support experience. Even the store sales person where I bought the Control and Mix was worthless.

With used gear I expect a few hoops getting something like this sorted out, but not with new sealed box gear.
Inexcusable...

-Chris

jeffro 01-25-2017 01:33 PM

Very sorry that this was your experience. I did find a case back in June that referenced the Serial Number you provided, so either that unit was not new or there was something more complicated going on (they referred to an eBay sale). I understand that you returned the product, but wanted to let you know we are looking into this further (also want to get your account straightened out, so will follow up separately).