Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 9 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Selling 003r, keeping PT9 crossgrade? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=297928)

mparkinson 03-28-2011 09:29 AM

Selling 003r, keeping PT9 crossgrade?

I bought the PT9 crossgrade a while ago using the serial from my 003r, and now I want to sell my 003r. If I sell the 003r, do I have to sell it without any software if I want to keep PT9? Or could the PT8 or 7 license be included with it?

Obsidian Dragon 03-28-2011 09:44 AM

Re: Selling 003r, keeping PT9 crossgrade?

You can sell it with Protools 7 or 8 but be sure to tell the buyer that you have already used the 003r to crossgrade to Protools 9 and they will NOT be able to crossgrade. If they want Protools 9, they must buy the full retaile version at $599.00 instead of the $249 crossgrade price you got.

HD2 03-28-2011 03:24 PM

You may want to check with customer service or support about that just to be sure, because according to the transfer of ownership form, the software license transfers with the hardware. Being that you used the hardware serial number for your software purchase, you may not technically own the software license anymore.

This is from the transfer of ownership form.
If you sell your master Pro Tools system core card (primary HD core, Mix core, d24, Pro Tools III Disk I/O card) or Pro Tools LE Core hardware, the Pro Tools software license will be transferred along with the core hardware from your record, and upon transfer you will no longer be eligible for software updates or upgrades associated with the core hardware sold.

mparkinson 03-29-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HD2 (Post 1773818)
You may want to check with customer service or support about that just to be sure, because according to the transfer of ownership form, the software license transfers with the hardware. Being that you used the hardware serial number for your software purchase, you may not technically own the software license anymore.

This is from the transfer of ownership form.
If you sell your master Pro Tools system core card (primary HD core, Mix core, d24, Pro Tools III Disk I/O card) or Pro Tools LE Core hardware, the Pro Tools software license will be transferred along with the core hardware from your record, and upon transfer you will no longer be eligible for software updates or upgrades associated with the core hardware sold.

Hmmm.... Yah, that has me worried.

mparkinson 03-29-2011 10:27 AM

So I guess the question is if the 'crossgrade' is considered a separate software entity from my previous copy of LE? There is a reason its called a crossgrade instead of an upgrade right?