Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   SSL Duende V6 Plugin update (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=399196)

thebeatinventor 05-14-2018 01:38 PM

SSL Duende V6 Plugin update

Finally! SSL has released V6 Native plugins. The new buss comp and channelstrip have been working in Pro Tools 2018.4/HS without any issues. Overall sound quality has been improved as well and major facelift!

Go get it: www.solidstatelogic.com/studio/duende/downloads

zion 05-14-2018 04:47 PM

Re: SSL Duende V6 Plugin update

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeatinventor (Post 2488249)
Finally! SSL has released V6 Native plugins. The new buss comp and channelstrip have been working in Pro Tools 2018.4/HS without any issues. Overall sound quality has been improved as well and major facelift!

Go get it: www.solidstatelogic.com/studio/duende/downloads

Is anything else new besides the GUI?

zion 05-14-2018 06:17 PM

Just found this.

Is SSL Duende Native the same as SSL Native?

SSL Native v6 is the result of our software engineering team re-building the Duende Native v5 plug-ins from scratch using a new coding framework (JUCE). JUCE is now an industry framework used by many other leading plug-in manufacturers. This change of framework will future-proof our plug-ins so they can continue to be used and enjoyed for years to come. Along the way, we've been refining the underlying DSP algorithms and making a series of changes; the most obvious improvement being the enhanced GUIs optimised for HD and Retina screens.

These new plug-ins will install alongside v5, so you can use both versions in a DAW session. Other improvements include the addition of preset management to the Channelstrip and Bus Compressor plug-ins, which we hope you will enjoy. One thing to note is that the X-Verb will not be making it's way over to v6.

amagras 05-14-2018 06:36 PM

They work as good and the GUI is infinitely better, still some details need to be fixed like the auto release of the Buss Compressor .

TNM 05-14-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amagras (Post 2488276)
They work as good and the GUI is infinitely better, still some details need to be fixed like the auto release of the Buss Compressor .

hmm what's up with the AR?

zion 05-14-2018 07:19 PM

I must say they do sound better! Just what I was looking for on my current project.

thebeatinventor 05-14-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amagras (Post 2488276)

The auto-release is working fine on my plugin. Is your plugin not working or the "auto" setting not visible?

amagras 05-14-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeatinventor (Post 2488285)
The auto-release is working fine on my plugin. Is your plugin not working or the "auto" setting not visible?

It's working but not the way it's meant. I just made a Shootout video against Cytomic and Waves which are both based on the same HW and had to omit the part with auto release because the SSL was not responding any different on auto than .1s, only increasing the output level.

thebeatinventor 05-14-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amagras (Post 2488289)
It's working but not the way it's meant. I just made a Shootout video against Cytomic and Waves which are both based on the same HW and had to omit the part with auto release because the SSL was not responding any different on auto than .1s, only increasing the output level.

I’ll post a video or send you one showing the Auto Setting working correctly....I usually have the auto release setting on my master bus when I used the version 5 bus comp and now the V6 bus comp, the audio signal and compression were identical, thus makes me believe the auto release is working on the V6

YYR123 05-15-2018 01:27 AM

Finally!!!

Hope that stabilized the plugs...

They were not very reliable over the last year or two.

I’m glad they got an update....