Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   2 issues with Render Clip Gain (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=321258)

Felix Rost 04-17-2012 12:40 AM

2 issues with Render Clip Gain

there are 2 things with rendering clip gain which I find not very well implemented:

1. Handle length preference should be separate from Audiosuite processing preference.

2. Render clip gain should only process clips different from 0dB.

Opinions?

Felix Rost 04-25-2012 02:53 AM

Re: 2 issues with Render Clip Gain

Really no one interested?

albee1952 04-25-2012 08:38 AM

#1 I can see, but sometimes a new feature calls for a change in routine(and we do like our old habits, don't we:D)

#2 not sure I understand your point:confused:

Felix Rost 04-25-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 1925230)
#1 I can see, but sometimes a new feature calls for a change in routine(and we do like our old habits, don't we:D)

#2 not sure I understand your point:confused:

hi albee,
#1 what are those old habits?

for #2: when you select a bunch of clips and only one of them has clip gain (<>0dB) applied, "render" renders all of them, which is totally unnecesary. If you'd select only this clip, but it's has crossfades to the sides, the neighboring clips also are rendered.
I'd like to be able to select all clips in a session and render only those who are different from 0db, for archiving or exporting to PT versions earlier than 10.

Felix Rost 06-02-2012 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix Rost (Post 1925359)
for #2: when you select a bunch of clips and only one of them has clip gain (<>0dB) applied, "render" renders all of them, which is totally unnecesary. If you'd select only this clip, but it's has crossfades to the sides, the neighboring clips also are rendered.
I'd like to be able to select all clips in a session and render only those who are different from 0db, for archiving or exporting to PT versions earlier than 10.

The smallest of those issues has been solved in 10.2.:
Not selected neighboring crossfaded clips are not rendered anymore. Thanks AVID!

The golfer 06-02-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

I never had to go back to PT 9 yet but I agree 100%. This is how is should work.

Felix Rost 06-02-2012 06:38 AM

I didn't have to go back to PT9 either, but one of my collaborators is mixing still on 9. There's also a lot of other studio still having older version as low as 7.4 around here.

Craig F 06-02-2012 10:43 AM

so you want: Ignore Clip Gain Render if Delta* = 0

* Delta the difference from nominal setting