Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   DAE error- 9060 Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=306629)

bpfinch 11-23-2011 07:58 AM

Re: DAE error- 9060 Pro Tools SE 8.0.3

Is there any update on this issue?

dpete 11-25-2011 10:13 AM

I am also having this issue. Is there an update or fix?

I was running off an external drive and was getting 9473 error. Now I switched to my internal drive and get a 9060 error on playback.

I am still within my 30 days of purchase of this product. Not sure what to do here.

TOMsubG 11-28-2011 02:24 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm running into the same error message as these folks- I just don't get to see the error message because my entire box freezes up once it tries to load "DAE Objects".

The issue seems to be that I'm using the NTFS filing system. When I loaded ProTools M-Powered Essentials 8.0.3 from the disk, I was told "some of your drives use NTFS; this has been known to lock out...". So, I guess my question is this: What do I need to do (in Win7/SP1 w/NTFS) to no longer see that message?

If PT DOESN'T (or can't) run in an x64/NTFS environment, shouldn't that have been noted on the box?

Cjaybass 12-05-2011 11:29 AM

hi my name is chris........im havin problems witersh my pro tools se with pop ups on 9060 an others do u know how I can resolve thiz problem I also get distortion problems on play back please help!!!!!!!!

mike bell 04-15-2012 03:20 PM

Issue resolved! dae error 9060 windows7

Hp windows7 sp1 1.65Ghz, 4 g RAM. ProTools Se 8.0.3 I resolved the error message as well as playback distortions by doing these things. First disable power management settings such as sleep mode, HD to sleep, ect. Follow the steps listed in the FAQ/trouble shooting guide about optimizing windows. you may need to disable Norton A/V and the Norton firewall.(right click icon in system tray) You may need to disconnect your wi-fi, although I didn't find it necessary. Next is to run the compatability issue feature. (right click Pro tools icon on the desktop, select trouble shoot compatibilities, and let windows select best settings. probably will be windows xp sp2. it will ask if settings worked. keep that window open for now, don't select anything yet.) Pro Tools will open, windows will ask permission to make changes select yes. Now set up your Pro tools preferences. File-preferences- //audio tab -should list fast track, and select for recording or performing.// control surfaces- if you have a midi keyboard select in drop down, otherwise none.// session tab- sample rate 44.1 kHz, bit rate 24-bit. Then check the latency rate (right click on avid icon in system tray, open m audio control panel- mine is set to 128. if you experience lag or popping ajust the buffer higher. If these settings worked, then select save settings in the compatibility issue window that we ignored earlier. When you open Pro Tools now, the user account control window will ask- Do you want program to make changes? click yes, Pro Tools now thinks you are running xp. Its a major pain to set up, but it is definately worth it. The issues are definately windows7 related. I used this program for a year on my old machince running xp without any problems. I hope this helped.

Downing32 05-06-2012 03:53 PM

Bought mine last night, having the same issue plus 9507 error code now too.
Win 7 64Bit SP1 3GB Ram