Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   S6 v3.6.1 Software Released (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=391841)

EddieJones 06-20-2017 05:16 PM

S6 v3.6.1 Software Released

V3.6.1 is now in your Avid accounts. This is mainly for PT 12.8 and Dolby Atmos compatibility but there are a couple of other features and bug fixes.

• Increased Expand Faders from 8 to 16
• Assign Right Joystick Timeout setting

Issues Resolved in S6 v3.6.1
• It could be difficult for some plug-in knobs to reach their maximum and minimum values
• It was possible for registry permissions issues to prevent WSControl from recognizing a workstation when installed on a cleanWindows OS
• Changing Network Ports on the Master Module required two reboots
• It was possible for the Automation Module wheel to become incapable of scrolling the Pro Tools MIDI Editor window vertically

If you are currently on v3.5 or v3.6 and on an active support contract, all you need to do is install the software, no activation needed.

In order to install the v3.6.1 software update you will need your S6 console to be on a current Avid Support Plan. Your console came with 1 year of Avid Advantage ExpertPlus support with Hardware Coverage so please check your support plan expiration date. There are several options for renewing coverage (even if your plan has recently expired). If you are a registered owner, you will receive an email with details or you can contact Avid directly to hear about your options at : 1-650-218-4058

Juan Garcia 06-27-2017 08:55 AM

Re: S6 v3.6.1 Software Released

Hi!

In the What's New PDF there's a new soft key for the master and automation modules. I was trying moments ago and couldn't find the new soft key por preferences. Shift and * didn't do anything on the soft key banks. Any ideas?

Best,
J.

PS: so sad Optn+touch on sends was only affected on EuControl and not on S6 :(

creativecontrol 06-27-2017 10:47 AM

Greetings,

You can access the global preferences QuickJump (which I believe is what you are referring to) by holding down one of the SHIFT LED switches on the Fader Modules while pressing the * key which is located in the numeric section of the Master Automation Module. This will utilize all of the Master Touch Module and Master Automation Module soft keys to let you toggle console preferences.

Can you elaborate on your statement regarding defaulting of Sends on S6? I presume this has to do with the preference for sends default to - INF vs the currently nulling behaviors. Please let us know. Thanks!

Jeff

EddieJones 06-27-2017 12:48 PM

The Send clear issue will be fixed in the next release sorry.

Juan Garcia 07-04-2017 07:48 AM

Strange. The Quickjump didn't work the first time I tried it. It's working well now. I guess it just needed a restart.

Thanks,
J.

creativecontrol 07-05-2017 06:20 AM

There is a slight latency for S6 to recognize that you have engaged a modifier key on the Fader Module before pressing a switch in the numeric section. I presume this is what you've experienced.

best,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk