Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OT: Aeron Chairs.... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=108147)

s0nguy 06-10-2004 06:44 AM

OT: Aeron Chairs....

All,

I am considering getting one of these chairs, the base model size C. Does anyone here use one? How do you like it?

-S0nguy

pk_hat 06-10-2004 06:58 AM

Re: OT: Aeron Chairs....

Yes, we have a bunch at our studio (my workplace, not my own biz) and they're extremely comfortable, there's no denying that. You could fall asleep in one of those things. That said, they've (sadly) become a status symbol more than anything else as of late. Any 'pro' control room pic you see in Mix magazine or similar publication has the damn Aeron chair, NS-10's, dim lights, lava lamp and laptop for the client. Pick and choose different items at random but the Aeron chairs are there and show "hey, we're doing well, we can afford these $800 chairs, now let's talk about rates...."

s0nguy 06-10-2004 07:16 AM

Quote:

Yes, we have a bunch at our studio (my workplace, not my own biz) and they're extremely comfortable, there's no denying that. You could fall asleep in one of those things. That said, they've (sadly) become a status symbol more than anything else as of late. Any 'pro' control room pic you see in Mix magazine or similar publication has the damn Aeron chair, NS-10's, dim lights, lava lamp and laptop for the client. Pick and choose different items at random but the Aeron chairs are there and show "hey, we're doing well, we can afford these $800 chairs, now let's talk about rates...."

Im not concerned about a status symbol as much as I am about my back and *****. Right now after an 8 hour session my back is killing me and Im all sweaty. my current $99.00 Office Depot jobbie isnt doing it anymore....and it seems like once you get your Aeron you keep it forever. Seems like a good investment to me.

-S0nguy

Riad 06-10-2004 07:57 AM

I really like them... I would see it as a good investment.

pk_hat 06-10-2004 08:26 AM

Good investment indeed, never denied it. The 'status' thing is just an observation, which your @$$ won't really care about. Get one!

nightshadecrisis 06-10-2004 09:03 AM

i love those chairs, really damn comfortable...expensive though!
e

TULL 06-10-2004 09:24 AM

Well I don't know about Herman Miller chairs, But I have the pleasure of being the head of IS for the Cincinnati Area Steelcase Dealer.

That chair is a pretty close (little more Startrak looking) Ripoff (or visa versa) of the Steelcase Leap Chair, I was lucky that we had a brand new Demo Model that had no arms (they where never going to be abel to sale (Great for Guitar playing) that was given to me, It list's for over a grand.

I also have two other 800+ doller chairs that was given to me as well made by steelcase.

with that bragging said, I would never skimp on a good chair with Lumbar support, or you might pay for it health wise down the road.

K.B. 06-10-2004 09:27 AM

Some voices of dissent here.

da BaSsTaRd! 06-10-2004 09:44 AM

great chair. WAY overpriced.

manufacturing cost = $75
selling cost = $75
status symbol value = $650

xeetstreet 06-10-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

All,

I am considering getting one of these chairs, the base model size C. Does anyone here use one? How do you like it?

-S0nguy

I just bought the fully adjustable one on Monday. There is a blowout sale at an office supply store, you can pick them up from anywhere between $250 and $450!