Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Aspera DigiDelivery (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Looking for a few alpha/beta testers for an updated DD client... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=230995)

cmarkle_aspera 10-31-2008 12:53 PM

Looking for a few alpha/beta testers for an updated DD client...

Hi Folks,

Chris Markle here from Aspera... We are working on an update to the DD client, primarily intended on this first pass to address the more egregious bugs rather than to make significant enhancements. One area getting some "love" is the area suspend and resume, which doesn't really work that accurately now.

We're not ready quite yet but we'd like to have some people "volunteer" to do alpha or beta testing, on both the Windows and OS X platforms. By beta I mean "this product is pretty much ready to go, but we need some customer testing". By alpha I mean "this product is roughly ready but is still undergoing some development and we'd like some customer feedback and testing".

We're really looking for people that use the client a fair amount and do both posting _and_ receiving of deliveries. And as noted we'd like some people from both the Windows and Mac camps (although to help us you don't need to run both platforms).

If you might be interested in helping us when we get to that point, can you please let me know. Just shoot me an email to [email protected]. Thanks!

(And if you have any favorite client issues that you'd like to see addressed, let me know as well either via that email or here on the forum. Frank - we're getting to your favorite issues so don't fret... ;) )

Chris

cmarkle_aspera 12-16-2008 03:13 PM

Re: Looking for a few alpha/beta testers for an updated DD client...

Hi folks,

Chris Markle here again from Aspera... We have a pretty solid alpha version of the DigiDelivery client now ready and have provided it to a few of you with pretty good results. I am now specifically looking for some Windows users to give this a try. That would be XP or Vista. (Vista is now officially supported and does not blow up on Quit or "x" as it used to.)

So if you're willing to give this a try, especially on Windows, please contact me a [email protected].

Thanks in advance...

Chris

Shifted Music 02-26-2009 12:02 AM

Seems leopard and DD client 2.1 build 393 have some wired ness. . .

Selecting recipients in the address book window.
and if you can get someone slected even though I can't seem to see where I am clicking and then go to add some one else.. it acts even wierder with the screen and scrolling.

Your probably aware of this but I though I would let you know. I use it quite often and have just been working around these issues.

Thanks.

Table Syrup Records 03-26-2009 12:13 PM

I'm game, wanna send me a Serv|LT??? :p:-):p

I think I'm gonna jump in the game on this...... I need something like this.

Please refer to my other post "Digidelivery Serv|LT"....

Wondering the benefit of this over a dedicated server/host/FTP setup.

Frank Kruse 01-19-2010 01:29 AM

Will the beta ever become official? It´s been 2 years of beta-testing. Would be great to provide cilents with a working pause/resume feature.

frank.

C 02-01-2010 02:18 PM

Digidelivery appears to be completely broken on Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

Been trying to Digideliver for 5 days now, crashes out during postflight every time. Anyone having any joy? Delivery is only 6.5GB.

Thanks for any help.

Ceri

Phill Barrett 02-12-2010 04:03 PM

Hi Ceri,

I take it you have Rosetta installed? Using DD client 2.1.1?

Working fine for me under 10.6.2 (well as fine as ever). Does often crash if I try to send/receive a second job without first closing the DD client, but other than that seems as good under Snow Leopard as Leopard.

If you want to do any tests to/from our dd server just shout.

Cheers,

Phill.
(Universal Sound)

C 02-19-2010 10:48 AM

Thanks Phill, got it working eventually it seems it's like my high school slogan "Perseverance breeds success"

Aspera wanted £300 for a single incident support ticket. That's absurd really. Actually laughed out loud when I read that email.

Thanks for the offer but it does seem to be behaving better now. Didn't get to the bottom of it but there you go.

C

Phill Barrett 02-20-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C (Post 1557611)
Thanks Phill, got it working eventually it seems it's like my high school slogan "Perseverance breeds success"

Aspera wanted £300 for a single incident support ticket. That's absurd really. Actually laughed out loud when I read that email.

Thanks for the offer but it does seem to be behaving better now. Didn't get to the bottom of it but there you go.

C

Glad you got it working. Various people trying to send to us lately have had problems and reverted to our ftp site in the end. £300 to sort something out that is almost certainly a bug in their software is rediculous. I have no idea why Digidesign sold to Aspera or why Aspera bought Digidelivery, they certainly don't seem interested in developing it or sorting the buggy client out.

Cheers,

Phill.

Frank Kruse 03-19-2010 04:03 AM

Chris if you´re listening:

Please release the beta-client! It has been working in a stable manner and I think more than a year without updates for the beta means that beta-testing is pretty much dead anyway. Don´t let DD fade away in ignorance.

I´ve invested quite some time to work out bugs with Jon (your programmer, who is a nice guy).

It would really be a shame if all this work went down the drain