Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Buy 12 Upgrade Plan now, activate next year? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=374944)

BScout 12-01-2015 03:05 PM

Buy 12 Upgrade Plan now, activate next year?

Trying to find out if this is possible. Or, if bought through a dealer before the end of the year and it doesn't arrive in time to activate by (I guess) 11:59pm Dec 31 (what timezone -- PST or EST?), what happens with the activation code.

I cannot find any clarification on this.

BScout 12-02-2015 12:30 PM

Re: Buy 12 HD support plan now, activate next year?

Bump.

Anyone from Avid care to clarify?

The whole purchase date verses activation date confuses things... plus the lack of electronic delivery from dealers for activation codes (so there is a delay waiting for physical delivery.) I can't find anything in the terms/conditions or FAQ to explain what happens. One other user asked a similar question in another thread but the answer was never given.

trakbytes 12-02-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BScout (Post 2316252)
Bump.

Anyone from Avid care to clarify?

The whole purchase date verses activation date confuses things... plus the lack of electronic delivery from dealers for activation codes (so there is a delay waiting for physical delivery.) I can't find anything in the terms/conditions or FAQ to explain what happens. One other user asked a similar question in another thread but the answer was never given.

Not from Avid, but I upgraded to PT12 from PT11 yesterday from Sweetwater, and the activation code was emailed to me within minutes. I think the pricing deal is for purchase by the end of the year. You buy it, you'll get it for that price. Activation shouldn't really matter as it is just an asset put into your account. Just my guess, not official of course.

Southsidemusic 12-02-2015 04:23 PM

Yeah like Trakbytes posted /

You have that price until the 31st December 2015 and after that you can Activate when you want to. It goes by date of purchase I believe so you don't have to activate by the 31st Dec 2015.

I will ask Avid and make sure as soon as possible and post back when I havegot an answer.

BScout 12-02-2015 05:57 PM

Thank you!

mlange 12-02-2015 06:04 PM

Yes - Avid please clarify: date of activation on Avid website, or physical purchase date from vendor.

Southsidemusic 12-02-2015 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlange (Post 2316343)
Yes - Avid please clarify: date of activation on Avid website, or physical purchase date from vendor.

Awaiting confirmation on this and will post back as soon as I understand 100% what will be the right answer :-)

roberts 12-05-2015 08:29 PM

if you don't activate your HD upgrade plan until 2016 - it will still expire Dec 31, 2016

BScout 12-06-2015 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberts (Post 2317098)
if you don't activate your HD upgrade plan until 2016 - it will still expire Dec 31, 2016

Where did you get that information? That isn't how iLok activations work (especially timed licenses.) That would be a nightmare for sales for Avid. Imagine next year someone buying an upgrade for $999 in November only to be told it will last only for 2 months.

Sardi 12-06-2015 04:44 AM

This has already been answered on the forum if you do a search.

You get one year from date of activation, not purchase. You're not able to use it if is not activated, so you'll only ever get one year.