Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   VENUE Live Sound Systems (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Digi Live Sound Webinars (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=220087)

RScovill 04-18-2008 11:11 AM

Digi Live Sound Webinars

Hello my fellow live sound dudes and dudettes ...
Just wanted to alert you to some upcoming webinars that I'll be doing on behalf of Digidesign. The subject matter will be specific to live sound workflows and Digidesign live sound and recording products. I'll be doing one per month -- The first one is on Wed, April 23rd at 10AM PST. See the address below for more info and sign up -- Hope to see you there!

Live Sound Webinars

Robert Scovill

JoshRose 04-22-2008 10:27 AM

Re: Digi Live Sound Webinars

Awesome! I'll be watching tomorrow morning.

Jon Martin 06-11-2008 02:12 AM

Robert and Sheldon, Thank you so much for taking the time to do these webinars and posting them online to watch later, I was busy working (not such a bad thing) and could not attend the initial broadcast. I was particularly looking forward to the VENUE/Pro Tools installment... It answered many questions I had about workflow and implementation.
As you say; "exciting times in live audio" indeed.

A few questions:

Are the I/O limitations of 18 tracks on LE due to the Firewire interface? I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around 32 workable tracks being limited to 18 out of the FOH/Mixrack. Any work around on this?

Say if a producer (or studio engineer) sends me the plug in files to import to VENUE, do I need the i-lock authorization associated with that plug in to install it?

To Robert: BBQ... Texas Dry Rub or Carolina Sauce?

Sheldon Radford 06-11-2008 11:38 AM

Hi Jon,

The webinars are a blast. We look forward to doing more in the future.

Quote:

Are the I/O limitations of 18 tracks on LE due to the Firewire interface? I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around 32 workable tracks being limited to 18 out of the FOH/Mixrack. Any work around on this?

The 18-track limitation is due to the audio driver, not the FireWire format itself. At the time FWx was released we were able to re-purpose the 18-track driver used on the Digi 002, which maxes out at 18 I/O. To enable more I/O is a complete driver re-write from scratch, so we need to balance this huge amount of work against all of the other cool things folks are asking us for. In the meantime, consider using a combo of stems and direct channels as Rob suggested during the webinar, or using an HD rig.

Quote:

Say if a producer (or studio engineer) sends me the plug in files to import to VENUE, do I need the i-lock authorization associated with that plug in to install it?

Not sure if you mean the plug-in installer itself, or just the plug-in preset files (which Rob mentioned in the webinar). Either way, you'll need an iLok auth to run the plug-in on the console. You'll be able to transfer the preset files without authorizing the plug-in (so you can do some prep ahead of time), but won't be able to apply the settings until the plug-in is authorized and running.

Sheldon

Tourmgt 06-26-2008 01:36 PM

I try and register and it will not let me enter a state. Therefore I cannot complete registration.

Sheldon Radford 06-26-2008 03:10 PM

Hi,

Try registering again and first select the country you live in, then the state/province choices will appear. If that doesn't work, please let us know what country you're in.

Sheldon

Daniel Ellis 08-04-2008 07:58 PM

wasn't there supposed to be a webinar on July 30th?

I thought I saw that on the schedule, and I was planning to watch the archive of it but I can't find it. Did it not happen? Am I thinking of something else?

Sheldon Radford 08-05-2008 08:12 AM

Hi Daniel,

The webinars are archived here:
Live Sound Webinars

The most recent session was on July 30, discussing D-Show versus Profile control surfaces. The session is archived at the link above, but I notice it has the wrong date (6/25). Sorry for the confusion - we'll get that fixed...

Sheldon

mrmookie 11-13-2008 04:39 PM

Great job yesterday Robert. Thanks for the info guys. I know you said to point your questions here but is there a more active thread that I'm missing as far as the webinar's are concerned?

Sheldon Radford 11-13-2008 06:19 PM

Hi,
Glad you enjoyed it. There isn't a specific webinar thread, so take a look at the existing threads or do a quick search, and if that doesn't answer your questions feel free to start a new thread.

Sheldon