Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Track bounce on PT 2019.6 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406941)

DerrickC 10-28-2019 06:01 PM

Track bounce on PT 2019.6

I wanna verify something: I just bounced a vocal track by right clicking on the track name in edit view and choosing “Bounce”. To my surprise, I realized the resulting bounced track contains all the Melodyne tuning and EQ plugin processing I have on the track. Is it something new in PT 2019.6, or has it been always the case? Does anyone have any insight?

FYI, freeze isn’t on on the track.

Thank you!

Benny_Cha_Cha 10-28-2019 06:06 PM

Re: Track bounce on PT 2019.6

That sounds like it’s working exactly as designed. You’re bouncing the output of that track, which is going through your plugins, unless they are bypassed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerrickC 10-28-2019 06:42 PM

ah! Make sense! Thx for the info!

if I consolidate clips on a track, the consolidated clip will not contain any plugin processing, am I correct?

Thank you!

albee1952 10-28-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerrickC (Post 2542807)
ah! Make sense! Thx for the info!

if I consolidate clips on a track, the consolidated clip will not contain any plugin processing, am I correct?

Thank you!

In itself, this is correct. Consolidate and Bounce are 2 different functions. If that's not enough, you also can "COMMIT" a track. Essentially the same as Bounce, BUT has more options. Let's say you have 5 plugins on that track(like my vocal tracks will usually have Melodyne>EQ III>BF76>SMACK!>Waves Puigtech EQ1-A), you could right-click on the top plugin and choose "Commit up to this plugin" and you end up with a new track, with the Melodyne changes "baked" into the audio, but the remaining plugins are still in place(and working exactly as before):D

DerrickC 10-28-2019 07:08 PM

That’s very informative! Thx Dave!!

bagok 12-30-2019 12:37 PM

Hi, i'm new to pt 2019.6. i would like to know if there is a way to bounce directly into pt without having to export to disk then re-open the wav.
Thanx if any of you has the answer. I'm also new to acid pro audio community.
I dont have any idea of how it works. Cant finds help anywhere.
This is a try to enter this community...:D

albee1952 12-30-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagok (Post 2549396)
Hi, i'm new to pt 2019.6. i would like to know if there is a way to bounce directly into pt without having to export to disk then re-open the wav.
Thanx if any of you has the answer. I'm also new to acid pro audio community.
I dont have any idea of how it works. Cant finds help anywhere.
This is a try to enter this community...:D

If you bounce a track, the option to import after bounce is a simple checkbox. When you commit a track, you have many options, but whatever the result, it automatically comes into the session(and you have the option on what happens to the original track; nothing, make it inactive, hide it AND make it inactive...).

If you search youtube, there are tons of tutorials on how to do most anything you can think of(some are great and others not so much, but hey...its free:D). Groove 3 is a paid tutorial collection that is worth every cent:o

bagok 01-01-2020 11:29 AM

Thank you very much Dave, i found my answer. See ya !!!:-)