Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   S3 vs Two S1's (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406851)

clivvy 10-28-2019 09:52 AM

Re: S3 vs Two S1's

what's old is new again want proper faders a used d command is the way to go if it fits your work flow pro feel all the way i brought a used one never looked back!

Emcha_audio 10-28-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2542737)
Go to amazon.com and search for 12.5 android tablet and it will show you several models ranging from 10" and up:D

yeah that's what I've been doing for the past two weeks, only unknown names one came up with very poor reviews lol.

Maybe there's more on amazon.com than .ca which is the one for canadians. but then again might not be able to get it shipped here.

KeyplayerG 11-09-2019 10:58 AM

ALL it would take to keep the S3 viable in the new line up of products would be to make it LINKABLE/MODULAR, like the D Command, Artist Series, S1 or S6! If they lifted that totally imposed 16 fader limit, they'd have sold thousands of more units just to the people who wanted more faders to begin with.

albee1952 11-09-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emcha_audio (Post 2542821)
yeah that's what I've been doing for the past two weeks, only unknown names one came up with very poor reviews lol.

Maybe there's more on amazon.com than .ca which is the one for canadians. but then again might not be able to get it shipped here.

The only thing to keep in mind is; the reviews are probably from people that use tablets for stuff that doesn't matter to us and those comments might be mostly unimportant(reliability would matter, but not much else). Food for thought:o

Emcha_audio 11-09-2019 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2544081)
The only thing to keep in mind is; the reviews are probably from people that use tablets for stuff that doesn't matter to us and those comments might be mostly unimportant(reliability would matter, but not much else). Food for thought:o

True which is why I'm going to stay away from the PRo12 tablets, a lot of people are reporting them suddenly stopping working after 3 months lol

EddieJones 11-10-2019 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic with $220 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5.

EddieJones 11-10-2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeyplayerG (Post 2544071)
ALL it would take to keep the S3 viable in the new line up of products would be to make it LINKABLE/MODULAR, like the D Command, Artist Series, S1 or S6! If they lifted that totally imposed 16 fader limit, they'd have sold thousands of more units just to the people who wanted more faders to begin with.

Yes its a switch...but when we turned it on to see how it worked a lot of stuff was broken, from banking, VCA spill, softkeys, it would have taken months to sort out and distract from everything else we are doing. Yes we would sell more S3 so it wasn't a decision I took lightly.

KeyplayerG 11-10-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2544130)
Yes its a switch...but when we turned it on to see how it worked a lot of stuff was broken, from banking, VCA spill, softkeys, it would have taken months to sort out and distract from everything else we are doing. Yes we would sell more S3 so it wasn't a decision I took lightly.

What is so different about the S3 compared to the S1 or Artist Series units? :confused: Why didn't they have the same problems?

EddieJones 11-10-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeyplayerG (Post 2544167)
What is so different about the S3 compared to the S1 or Artist Series units? :confused: Why didn't they have the same problems?

The S3 was built for live first so has some differences, the other surfaces don't have the VCA spill stuff S3 has, or the top row of knobs. I wouldn't throw away revenue if it was easy believe me.

KeyplayerG 11-11-2019 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2544130)

So, S1s are "CORRECTED" S3s? :confused: