Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Worrisome (bugs in 12.8.1) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=393682)

cmbourget 09-13-2017 04:49 AM

Worrisome (bugs in 12.8.1)

The version 12.8.1 had to fix bugs (the list was impressive), but it seems here that the bad news is accumulating and that the corrections have caused other bugs ... I am wrong?

If so, what happens with Avid programmers?

We're expecting some nice things in MIDI this year (Avid: remember?), Or at least one update that's functional to the current capabilities, BUT: Will Avid be able to move forward in MIDI without creating a thousand of bugs that will make us live a hell?

amagras 09-13-2017 05:06 AM

Re: Worrisome

The bug fix list of 12.8 was impressive, 12.8.1 not so much and, for me it brought back the CPU spikes and problems to close the application.

cmbourget 09-13-2017 05:34 AM

Re: Worrisome

Quote:

Originally Posted by amagras (Post 2449293)
The bug fix list of 12.8 was impressive, 12.8.1 not so much and, for me it brought back the CPU spikes and problems to close the application.

That is true. The crashes here are also related to the work of the CPU.

frenchman 09-13-2017 07:15 AM

Re: Worrisome (bugs in 12.8.1)

I get recurring spinning wheel freezes when commiting tracks with Slate drums trigger 2, very annoying and time consuming, also sometimes same thing when attempting to bounce offline (even without that plugin)

frenchman 09-13-2017 07:17 AM

I wonder if i shouldn't go back to 12.7...

cmbourget 09-13-2017 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchman (Post 2449314)
I get recurring spinning wheel freezes when commiting tracks with Slate drums trigger 2, very annoying and time consuming, also sometimes same thing when attempting to bounce offline (even without that plugin)

What is your equipment? You have SSDs?

frenchman 09-13-2017 07:40 AM

Yes I have SSD for my system drive, but my data disk is a plain internal hd.

The release notes state : Fixed an issue that could cause Commit to hang Pro Tools in some sessions (PT-227681)

Wel for me it has on the contrary provoqued this condition...

cmbourget 09-13-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchman (Post 2449321)
Yes I have SSD for my system drive, but my data disk is a plain internal hd.

The release notes state : Fixed an issue that could cause Commit to hang Pro Tools in some sessions (PT-227681)

Wel for me it has on the contrary provoqued this condition...

Hopefully help for you. I do not have the answer, but at least the question is here.

jeam25 09-13-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmbourget (Post 2449292)
The version 12.8.1 had to fix bugs (the list was impressive), but it seems here that the bad news is accumulating and that the corrections have caused other bugs ... I am wrong?

If so, what happens with Avid programmers?

We're expecting some nice things in MIDI this year (Avid: remember?), Or at least one update that's functional to the current capabilities, BUT: Will Avid be able to move forward in MIDI without creating a thousand of bugs that will make us live a hell?

Hi friend !

Not perfect but almost perfect running here ! Do you have all the optimizations and updated ( ilok ) up to date ? I see on your profile a system info , is that the current one ? You can post it here and maybe we can help you with all the " bugs " you have found . :-) Also remember to describe in detail what issues bothers you .

cmbourget 09-13-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeam25 (Post 2449381)
Hi friend !

Not perfect but almost perfect running here ! Do you have all the optimizations and updated ( ilok ) up to date ? I see on your profile a system info , is that the current one ? You can post it here and maybe we can help you with all the " bugs " you have found . :-) Also remember to describe in detail what issues bothers you .

Yes, everything is up to date. I have to finish the work in progress before giving Avid time (because we are the laboratory!)