Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ProControl, Control|24, Command|8 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pro tools 10 hd initializing dsi hardware (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=392962)

Dimitris1973 08-09-2017 01:58 PM

Pro tools 10 hd initializing dsi hardware

Hi. I am working with a Mac Pro 4.1 late 2009 , 8 core 2,26 , 32 gb ram , hd3 pcie on pro tools 10 hd. When I start my computer and running pro tools the software freezes while initializing dsi hardware. Sometimes i need to shutdown my computer 10 times. Every time I shutdown the computer I remove the cards and place them again sometimes i have to remove them even 10 times before it works. The digitest shows no errors. Any ideas why is this happening? anything would be helpful thanks

Barry Johns 08-19-2017 02:44 PM

Re: Pro tools 10 hd initializing dsi hardware

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris1973 (Post 2444475)
Hi. I am working with a Mac Pro 4.1 late 2009 , 8 core 2,26 , 32 gb ram , hd3 pcie on pro tools 10 hd. When I start my computer and running pro tools the software freezes while initializing dsi hardware. Sometimes i need to shutdown my computer 10 times. Every time I shutdown the computer I remove the cards and place them again sometimes i have to remove them even 10 times before it works. The digitest shows no errors. Any ideas why is this happening? anything would be helpful thanks

Whenever I see someone post with the specs of a 2009 a MacPro, I always want to jump in and try and help them out! Just want to make sure you realize that you can upgrade that 8 core to a 12 core, then upgrade the firmware to make it a 5.1 Mac Pro. After you do that the geekbench scores will be over 30,000. And turn that computer into a monster of a machine all for less than, about $400!

I am more than happy to help you out with the process, just send me a private message, and we can get the ball rolling.

Dimitris1973 08-23-2017 11:05 PM

First of all thanks for your reply. So you are saying that my problems gonna be solved if i upgrade my mac?

Neil H 08-28-2017 03:16 AM

Try holding down the "N" key on your keyboard just after you click to launch PT and keep it held until the audio interface selection page pops up and then make sure the correct audio interface is selected, (if it is already choose a different one to get into PT then close relaunch and go back in and select the one you want again.
If this still doesnt help, trash your preferences and repair the disk perimissions and try again.

Tweakhead 08-28-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Johns (Post 2445770)
Whenever I see someone post with the specs of a 2009 MacPro, I always want to jump in and try and help them out! ....

+1 for what Barry said. I did the same thing and turned it into a 12-core 3.46GHz monster. Stunning performance.

What OS are you running ?

Dimitris1973 09-05-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweakhead (Post 2447082)
+1 for what Barry said. I did the same thing and turned it into a 12-core 3.46GHz monster. Stunning performance.

What OS are you running ?

Thanks for the info and help I am running 10.8.5

Dimitris1973 09-05-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil H (Post 2447019)
Try holding down the "N" key on your keyboard just after you click to launch PT and keep it held until the audio interface selection page pops up and then make sure the correct audio interface is selected, (if it is already choose a different one to get into PT then close relaunch and go back in and select the one you want again.
If this still doesnt help, trash your preferences and repair the disk perimissions and try again.

Thanks for the info I am on a bussiness trip and I'll try it first thing when I get back and let you know