Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Waves plugins GUI freeze (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=299678)

Boe Larsen 04-22-2011 03:40 AM

Waves plugins GUI freeze

For a while - since last major waves upgrade I think, I've had this occational problem with my waves (Mercury TDM/RTAS) plugs...

When I open a waves plug (like the SSL-G strip) and try to do something like turning a knob - the GUI doesn't show it. The audio does reach, and if I inactivate the plugin, and active it again the change I did is shown...

Odd...

I have a support issue going with Waves on this, and they're not sure what it is...

Anybody seen this?

Boe

promixr 04-22-2011 07:04 AM

Re: Waves plugins GUI freeze

Have you tried reinstalling your Waves Plugs?

Boe Larsen 04-22-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by promixr (Post 1785502)
Have you tried reinstalling your Waves Plugs?

Yep - gone thru the usuals with Waves...

IO Composer 04-24-2011 02:33 AM

Bob,

I experienced this a while ago and after weeks of pulling my hair out, I got lucky and discovered that the behavior was linked to a virtual KVM app that I was using called Teleport. Are you by any chance running that?

-Jamey

Boe Larsen 04-24-2011 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IO Composer (Post 1786263)
Bob,

I experienced this a while ago and after weeks of pulling my hair out, I got lucky and discovered that the behavior was linked to a virtual KVM app that I was using called Teleport. Are you by any chance running that?

-Jamey

Hi Jamey
No I'm afraid not.
Best,
Boe

crizdee 04-24-2011 12:03 PM

Hi Boe,

Sounds like a conflict with another plugin.

Have you tried removing all plugins except the stereo.mixer.dpm and the waveshell. You will also need to trash prefs to clear the plugin cache to truly check this!!

Chris

Boe Larsen 04-24-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crizdee (Post 1786407)
Hi Boe,

Sounds like a conflict with another plugin.

Have you tried removing all plugins except the stereo.mixer.dpm and the waveshell. You will also need to trash prefs to clear the plugin cache to truly check this!!

Chris

Hey Chris.
You're right - gonna try that. If it is that it's gonna take a day to find out which :-)
Best,
Boe

roderickelms 11-17-2011 08:32 AM

Just wondering whether anyone ever discovered a reason for this? I just moved to PT HD 8 (8.0.5) on the MacPro (10.6.8) and all Waves 8 plugins appear inactive when launched. PT otherwise seems quite happy. The plugins are actually working but the GUI does not respond. I can get a plugin to respond visually by converting to RTAS and back to TDM. Clumsy though!

Waves support doesn't appear to have any idea.

Any updates or thoughts on this would be very welcome.

danander11 11-17-2011 09:19 AM

Lion 10.7.2, PT10HD, Mercury 8.x

Everything still works for me, however, I get red or yellow outlines to knobs and buttons whenever I open a Waves plug on this system.

Strange, but they still work fine.

blackmacdaddy 11-19-2011 02:42 PM

I've been seeing this for years on my Mercury bundle, currently on HD10. It "probably" means that one of my ilok'd plug ins is out of date, DUY, RND, IK Multimedia SVX ver.1, URS? Maybe some system extension? I dunno.

But while it's annoying I just "Command Control" click the plug off & on and this nearly always 'brings the GUI back to life.' Occasionally makes a pop sound for extra fun. But really, just a small nuisance.

Best :) Walt