Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Finding EZdrummer 2 in Pro Tools LE 8 (setting a path to DLL-file) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=356993)

yoghurtoth 07-28-2014 10:26 AM

Finding EZdrummer 2 in Pro Tools LE 8 (setting a path to DLL-file)

Hi,

I have been trying to use EZDrummer 2 with Pro Tools LE 8, but it doesn't show up in the list of plug-ins. According to the Toontrack website, I will have to do one of the following in order to be able to use EZD as a plug-in:

(1) Customize the EZdrummer 2 installation so that the VST plugin is installed directly to your hosts VST plugin folder, or

(2) use the Plugin manager in your host sequencer to set the path to the EZdrummer 2 plug-in DLL file in its installed location. You can find the location of the EZdrummer 2 plugin at any time by launching the EZdrummer 2 stand alone application and clicking “Help” > “Show Plugin Path.”

Since I've already installed EZD in the default folder, it seems that (2) is my only option. But how do I do it? I can't find anything in the Pro Tools menu that says "set plugin path" or anything similar.

bradch00 07-28-2014 06:08 PM

Re: Finding EZdrummer 2 in Pro Tools LE 8 (setting a path to DLL-file)

Pro Tools LE 8 doesn't use VST plug-ins it uses RTAS plug-ins and if you install the 32 bit version of should be installed in the proper place. Are you trying to insert EZD2 on a stereo instrument track? (It will only show up there)

yoghurtoth 07-29-2014 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradch00 (Post 2174577)
Pro Tools LE 8 doesn't use VST plug-ins it uses RTAS plug-ins and if you install the 32 bit version of should be installed in the proper place. Are you trying to insert EZD2 on a stereo instrument track? (It will only show up there)

Thanks bradch00! I've only installed the 64 bit version, it didn't occur to me that only the 32 bit version would work with Pro Tools. Do I still need to install the 32 bit version in a specific folder? And if so, do you know what this folder might be called?

bradch00 07-29-2014 06:33 AM

Protools LE 8 is 32 bit and therefore, yup, you'll have to install the 32bit EZDrummer (just use the default installation - next> next> next). Protools didn't hit 64bit until PT11. So give that a try and let us know if you're problem is resolved.

yoghurtoth 07-29-2014 01:19 PM

It works now, thanks again! :-)

I've encountered another problem, though. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but I'll give it a shot:

When I open EZDrummer 2 in Pro Tools LE 8, the EZD 2 window that pops up is too big: the tempo controls among other things are impossible to access because they end up "off screen". Is there anything I can do about this?

bradch00 07-29-2014 10:13 PM

Perhaps changing the screen resolution size?

yoghurtoth 07-31-2014 12:35 PM

I contacted Toontrack, and they told me to hide the taskbar. It works perfectly now. Thanks again!

dmarkg 01-12-2015 07:25 PM

EZD2 does not fit in my workspace. I'm not getting all of the "Songtrack" feature at the bottom of the screen. I tried changing my system resolutions. No luck, same problem. I have a little PC laptop. EZD worked fine. EZD2 seems to be at a different resolution than Pro Tools Express. Is that possible?

federico 07-26-2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradch00 (Post 2174676)
Protools LE 8 is 32 bit and therefore, yup, you'll have to install the 32bit EZDrummer (just use the default installation - next> next> next). Protools didn't hit 64bit until PT11. So give that a try and let us know if you're problem is resolved.

Hi, I am having that same problem but the plug in is still not showing in the instruments. PLease help. I have WIN 10, Pro Tools 8.0.5 Mbox 2
Thanks,

Federico

albee1952 07-26-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by federico (Post 2442559)
Hi, I am having that same problem but the plug in is still not showing in the instruments. PLease help. I have WIN 10, Pro Tools 8.0.5 Mbox 2
Thanks,

Federico

This would have been better-handled by creating a new thread and including some system details:o Did you install the RTAS version? Is the newest toontrack stuff even compatible with RTAS? Are you trying to insert on a MONO track? It should go on a stereo instrument track(some VI plugins don't have a mono version):o Windows 10 with LE 8.0.5 may not be a compatible combination(not saying it can't work, just that I really don't know). If none of this helps, I would as Toontrack for some help:o