Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Artist Mix EuCon 19.5 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=404596)

Akiz 05-10-2019 03:44 AM

Artist Mix EuCon 19.5

I noticed a very strange behaviour after updating to the latest Eucon 19.5 and firmware v.1.5.6.0, in my Artist Mix surface. (Updated PT to 2019.5 as well.)
There is a very annoying delay in Page buttons when:a) Want to roll trough different page settings of an insert processor.
or b) when i try to add a plugin in an Insert from the surface.
I shot a video with my phone of that behaviour. In short, Page buttons do not work as they used to...:confused:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyi0hxvy8h..._0872.MOV?dl=0

As it is now, it's unusable for me. Can someone please check out, if it has the same issue?
Should i go back to previous Eucon version, or is the firmware an issue now?
Thanks for any insight on this...

Cheers!

Jamie Mac 05-10-2019 05:01 AM

Re: Artist Mix EuCon 19.5

I experience the same buggy behaviour on the S3

Akiz 05-10-2019 05:12 AM

Re: Artist Mix EuCon 19.5 issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie Mac (Post 2524788)
I experience the same buggy behaviour on the S3

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your reply! My findings so far.
Spend the whole morning troubleshooting this issue, did all the usual steps.
Uninstalled Eucon 19.5, deleting user settings too. Reboot my MacPro.
Installed Eucon 18.3, reboot... It works as expected, but i got a message that latest PT control will not work with this version. I can't go back on my iPad to previous PT control now...So, uninstalled Eucon 18.3 and installed again, 19.5, reboot. I used Preference Manager to backup PT preferences and after that i trashed them using the app. Reboot, same problem with my Artist Mix surface...
Conclusion: Eucon 19.5 breaks Artist Mix (i suppose Dock) and S3 functionality.

Will wait for Ed to check it out and let us know what to do next.

Cheers!

Sardi 05-10-2019 05:19 AM

Artist Mix EuCon 19.5

I don’t have your first issue. If I page through the plug in parameters, it works like it did before. No lag that I can notice.

As to your second issue, I can’t comment as I haven’t tried it. TBH, I never instantiate plugins from the control surface.

This update is working really well for me thus far. I’m literally doing backflips at the fact that I can FINALLY click on a plugin and have the control surface automatically spill the parameters onto the knobs. Can’t believe it took them this long to implement this seeing as it was a function on older control surfaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingTor 05-10-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2524796)
I’m literally doing backflips

Don't let the clients see that our they'll come to expect gymnastic mixing.

sent from a stupid phone using Tapatalk

Sardi 05-10-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingTor (Post 2524984)
Don't let the clients see that our they'll come to expect gymnastic mixing.

Ha!

I wish I could actually do any form of gymnastics. Two collapsed discs in the lower back means the only backflips will be throwing my Artist Mix in the air and having it land flat on the desk. =P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingTor 05-11-2019 12:18 AM

That'd be pretty good. My son and his friends do that with just about anything. The big one is to "cap" a water bottle behind your back.

pavoni 05-11-2019 03:55 AM

I have something that looks similar since updating. When paging through the insert parameters - the OLED screen doesn't always update correctly (some of the old labels get left on the screen). The on led does update correctly - and the rotary controls change the right parameter of the plugin - so looks like a bug in updating the display - not in doing the paging. I did update the firmware of my Mix to the new version.

Paging backward and workward will cause it to refresh - although not always correctly. Looks like the left labels are usually correct - but gets less reliable as they move to the right.

pavoni 05-11-2019 04:06 AM

I've also now seen a situation where the page buttons stopped working - and changing between pans/aux inserts only partly update the OLED display. So pretty sure there is some sort of bug.

Rebooting the Artist Mix sorted it (at least for now)

Akiz 05-11-2019 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavoni (Post 2525035)
I've also now seen a situation where the page buttons stopped working - and changing between pans/aux inserts only partly update the OLED display. So pretty sure there is some sort of bug.

Rebooting the Artist Mix sorted it (at least for now)

Thanks for confirming that you have the same or similar issue.
There is definitely something wrong with this update and it is not a small issue IMO.
I like to use the surface for loading plugins on inserts or assign sends, it comes very handy to me, i'm used to it, since the days of D-Command...old habits die last....Anyway, hope someone looks after the issue and comes with a solution soon..

Cheers!