Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   10.3.10 v 10.3.7 (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403717)

songman 03-12-2019 04:33 AM

10.3.10 v 10.3.7
 
I'm running 7. Pretty fine, but have the regular "running out of memory" warning and a few crashes now and then. Is it worth it to go to 10? More stable?

JFreak 03-12-2019 06:42 AM

Re: 10.3.10 v 10.3.7
 
no

crizdee 03-12-2019 01:48 PM

Re: 10.3.10 v 10.3.7
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by songman (Post 2518958)
I'm running 7. Pretty fine, but have the regular "running out of memory" warning and a few crashes now and then. Is it worth it to go to 10? More stable?


Hi,


Run Activity monitor > memory usage. all the time

Details here...


https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ma...m-mac-3681038/



And when PT shows 3GB or just above then run memory cleaner app...


https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memo...ign-mpt=uo%3D8


Some processes don't release the memory after use and it builds up to levels that exceeds PT's ability to run without error messages. but running activity monitor and viewing the memory usage you can see when its approaching the 3GB area then clean. PT can usually go to about 3.4GB but after 3GB it can show errors.


I found some plugins will use memory when opened and won't release the memory back for use, so memory cleaner will release this un-used memory back to the PT pool etc




Chris

songman 03-13-2019 02:07 AM

Re: 10.3.10 v 10.3.7
 
Thanks a lot for the replies and for the good info and suggestion Chris! Very much appreciated, will put it into operation right away.

Cheers, Bob.

songman 03-13-2019 02:23 AM

Re: 10.3.10 v 10.3.7
 
Oops, I am still on 10.8.5 (last os to run PT HD 10) and the memory cleaner app requires 10.10.

crizdee 03-13-2019 02:46 AM

Re: 10.3.10 v 10.3.7
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by songman (Post 2519040)
Oops, I am still on 10.8.5 (last os to run PT HD 10) and the memory cleaner app requires 10.10.


Hi,


I'm on 10.8.5 and use one called imemory cleaner but i couldn't find it and think its finished. just look for a memory cleaner that works on ML


I'll check later when im in the studio and confirm what i have and see if its still current





Chris

songman 03-13-2019 03:24 AM

Re: 10.3.10 v 10.3.7
 
Hi Chris,

I just downloaded two small apps from the app store (about 1$ each) which both seem to work OK on 10.8.5

Memory Optimizer and Booster by cokesoft

and Free Memory by ftosoft.

I think I prefer the first one, seems to do the job.

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers, Bob.

Southsidemusic 03-13-2019 07:19 AM

Re: 10.3.10 v 10.3.7
 
#cokesoft ... :D

Who thought up that name and was like ”Yeah” !!

crizdee 03-13-2019 11:37 AM

Re: 10.3.10 v 10.3.7
 
Hi,


https://i.imgur.com/wER8lxF.jpg



Chris

fm_xtk 03-25-2019 03:25 AM

Re: 10.3.10 v 10.3.7
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by songman (Post 2519042)
Hi Chris,

I just downloaded two small apps from the app store (about 1$ each) which both seem to work OK on 10.8.5

Memory Optimizer and Booster by cokesoft

and Free Memory by ftosoft.

I think I prefer the first one, seems to do the job.

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers, Bob.

Or you just quit and re-start PT. It is what I tend to do when it happens. It's pretty rare for me but usually starts at around 2.8GB


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com