Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   MIDI (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ez drummer pencil note question (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=242404)

Khatru 03-25-2009 08:32 AM

ez drummer pencil note question

Hi,

I posted a similar thread a couple weeks ago in the Windows/LE section but didn't get anything definitive back. Thought it would be apt to check here.

I'm using EZdrummer with LE 7.3.1 and have applied the lastest cs update, also recently upated my pace drivers on a dedicated DAW with every tweak available. So my machine runs like a champ with only this issue:

In EZDrummer, when in either "note" or "velocity" mode, when I click on a note, that note whites out, making it nearly impossible to see. It doesn't reappear until I either click on another note which then whites out, or when I click on the timeline. I think it was Albee that responded saying that he thought he read that that might have been a known bug in 7.3, and that I should check my video settings - which I did with no luck.

It was a couple weeks ago and I updated my pace drivers which fixed the issue for about a day. By fixed, I mean that the note that I clicked on still whited out but had a black outline - making it viewable, which makes sense as a meanes to refer to the "working note". Or does it? What should happen to a clicked note?

Getting old and do enough squinting. ;)

Any takers,

Dave

albee1952 03-25-2009 05:25 PM

Re: ez drummer pencil note question

This got me thinking about the undocumented track color technique which I believe was to hold the 3 modifier keys while setting track color. Just wondering if this would put a tint on the idi track that would make the notes more visable.

filosofem 03-25-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khatru (Post 1373209)
a known bug in 7.3

If I recall yes it was with previous revisions also however 7.4 rectified this but I'd personally upgrade to 8.x if you can.

filosofem

Khatru 03-26-2009 07:16 AM

Yeah, I checked that out(clicking the track cilor while holding down the modifier keys), no luck. Thanks for the idea.

PT 8? ya know...even if I could, I wouldn't. I'll wait til the percentage of PT8 issue posts drops to within normal limits. In the mean time, I'll just get stronger reading glasses and deal with it. :D

Thanks Again, Dave

filosofem 03-26-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khatru (Post 1373704)
I'll wait til the percentage of PT8 issue posts drops to within normal limits.

Curious as to what those issues are that's preventing you from upgrading?

filosofem

albee1952 03-26-2009 06:23 PM

Me too, PT8 has been solid for me.

Khatru 03-26-2009 09:39 PM

Combination of contentment, financial ruin, and prolific "HELP" posts regarding 8. ;)

Dave

albee1952 03-26-2009 10:16 PM

I suspect at least half of the PT8 help posts are folks that just don't pay attention or don't bother with having a backup plan. Those that pay attention and DO have a backup plan usually do fine. Just my observation. But having said that, I would never say anyone was unwise for not jumping in too quick(just chicken....LOL).

filosofem 03-26-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khatru (Post 1374070)
prolific "HELP" posts

Of those help posts what specifically concerns you?

filosofem

Khatru 03-28-2009 06:40 PM

Nothing noteworthy or even memorable really. Besides my life is such that If I have a choice between spending my very limited music time working on actual music on a solid rig vs. on updating things that I'm just not interested in anyhow while running the risk of running into an issue/bug(which is always a possibility) - I'd prefer the first option.

Tell you what though...ya'll be the first to know when I'm ready for the big upgrade. ;)

Dave