Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Waves and Bombfacory plugins in correct folder? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=109269)

GW 06-24-2004 04:34 AM

Waves and Bombfacory plugins in correct folder?

How do I get the Waves plugins into the correct folder in PTLE 6.4? What Waves version - 4.0.5...or? Wave-shell version - 4.0...or? Anything else?

How do I manually move plugins that are in the wrong folder (like Fairchild 670 in the EQ folder)?

Digi002, PTLE 6.4
Factory bundle
Waves Platinum
Bombfactory Fairchild 660/670 TDM, Pultec EQ TDM, Tel-Ray TDM, Classic compressors (Value Ed.), Clipremover and Tuner...
Antares Autotune and Tube
Timeworks RTAS
Sony Inflator TDM ver. + Dynamics RTAS
URS n12 EQ
Firum, Equim EQ:s
VST2RTAS wrapper
PSP Vintage Warmer, EQ
Choir Clone
Reason 2.5 Full Ed.

Bazzle 06-24-2004 06:49 AM

Re: Waves plugins in correct folder?

I just open up the folders in question and drag them from one to the other.

GW 06-24-2004 11:34 AM

You mean - you opened a sesseion, tried to insert a plugin but insted just dragged it to another folder choice? I can't do that, I had tried that already.

Any more suggestions or clarifications on the suggestion above?

Bazzle 06-24-2004 11:47 AM

Sorry I thought you meant they were installed on your SYSTEM in the wrong folder.If you are talking about Plugin Catagory Menu it can't be done.You can change it back to the way it was before the upgrade. By deselecting Sort Plugins by Catagory in your preferences.

GW 06-24-2004 02:45 PM

Thanks, I will try that. But what makes a compressor like the Bf Fairchild 670 end up among the EQ:s?

Bazzle 06-24-2004 03:02 PM

There has been lots of discussion on the forum about this.I guess it will be up to the manufacturers to add the proper codes to their plugins.It is really quite farcical at the moment.

Rail Jon Rogut 06-24-2004 03:24 PM

Quote:

Thanks, I will try that. But what makes a compressor like the Bf Fairchild 670 end up among the EQ:s?

You have an old version.. update your plug-ins and they'll be in the correct location. For Waves you'll have to wait for the next version.

Rail

bladesg 06-25-2004 04:13 AM

I'm used to this little quirk already. [bleep] better than it was before, Plugs covering the whole screen.

GW 06-26-2004 05:00 AM

What are the latest Bombfactory versions and where do I find them? (I can only find upgrades for the ones in the HD pack).

Links?

Rail Jon Rogut 06-26-2004 09:29 AM

Quote:

What are the latest Bombfactory versions and where do I find them? (I can only find upgrades for the ones in the HD pack).

Links?

Go to the main www.digidesign.com web site, click on Developers then click on Plug-in Info... you can follow each plug-in and download the latest version(s).. or go to the downloads section of this site.. but I've found the route I've described above has some newer versions that aren't in the downloads section.

Rail