Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   AVID WAKE UP! Switching from Pro Tools to Studio One Instructional Video Released (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=370604)

Ghost In The Attic 08-07-2015 09:23 AM

AVID WAKE UP! Switching from Pro Tools to Studio One Instructional Video Released

Avid,

Wake up.

Companies are releasing instructional video courses on how to leave Pro Tools for your competition.

http://www.groove3.com/str/Switching...08-07-inactive

29CountsNY 08-07-2015 09:26 AM

Re: AVID WAKE UP! Switching from Pro Tools to Studio One Instructional Video Released

Just saw the email from Groove3, had a nice big chuckle! :D
I just registered a free version of Studio One 2 and got a free update to v3 so I'll be checking out that video.

Drew Mazurek 08-07-2015 09:50 AM

Re: AVID WAKE UP! Switching from Pro Tools to Studio One Instructional Video Released

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostwriter (Post 2282788)
Avid,

Wake up.

Companies are releasing instructional video courses on how to leave Pro Tools for your competition.

http://www.groove3.com/str/Switching...08-07-inactive

I get what you're trying to say here...... you don't like what Avid is doing and you think they're hurting their standing in the DAW market etc..... but here's the thing. Avid doesn't think so. They think they're doing exactly what they should be doing. So there's a disconnect. But it's between you and Avid, not Avid and their competition. If Avid is wrong, then they'll be the ones putting out videos of how to switch to PT in an effort to entice migration. Until then, crossgrades and videos like this just show that PT is still top dog, for now. ;)

Users need to pick the tools that suit their needs best, vote with their dollars, and get to work. Plain and simple.

Wall2Wall 08-07-2015 11:11 AM

lol! Avid has some issues but the first time I go onto a Dub Stage or multi room Music facility and see them removing their HD/HDX rigs in favor of Studio One or any native daw software will be the first. No video is going to change that. Avid has been dying as long as internet forums have been online.

The one man operation. Sure that happens. They have the flexibility to use whatever floats their boat according to their personal business model. Doesn't look like avid cares unless you are buying S6's/Icons, HD/HDX rigs, multiple I/O's, etc.

I use studio one for production sometimes. For project compilation always with mastering side. Would never attempt to track or mix on it. Not there yet.

YYR123 08-07-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wall2Wall (Post 2282825)
Avid has been dying as long as internet forums have been online.

true that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wall2Wall (Post 2282825)
Doesn't look like avid cares unless you are buying S6's/Icons, HD/HDX rigs, multiple I/O's, etc.

Even then it's debatable

Seafoam_Green 08-07-2015 06:36 PM

Use whatever Daw ? but I do agree that AVID needs to wake up ,

....,the fact that Groove 3 had so many requests for a video series like this, followed up by Groove 3 taking the time to do it - should show to AVID that those requests were serious , meaning yes there are really people out there wanting to jump ship.

YYR123 08-07-2015 07:05 PM

AVID WAKE UP! Switching from Pro Tools to Studio One Instructional Video Rele...

Quote:

Originally Posted by seafoam green (Post 2282907)
should show to AVID that those requests were serious , meaning yes there are really people out there wanting to jump ship.

I'm waiting on this to see if it is as awesome as it could be......they said 3rd party plugin mapping is coming in late fall.......

Once you can do that and instantiate plugs via the console I am done.....

Retail $1999

Whoops forgot the link

http://www.presonus.com/products/StudioLive-CS18AI

Barry Johns 08-07-2015 10:02 PM

I have to be honest, with this much hype is I've read lately regarding studio one v3, I watch a lot of these videos, and I have to tell you I am not impressed at all. Actually I find a more turned off to that DAW then I thought I would be.

I still think ProTools/avid, needs to get their head out of their butt, but I'm not so sure that studio one is a competitor that I thought it was.

YYR123 08-07-2015 10:17 PM

AVID WAKE UP! Switching from Pro Tools to Studio One Instructional Video Rele...

You know it's tuff b/c everyone is so used to PT....that's what makes it foreign to use something else.

I spent 10 minutes the other day trying to find the scroll options-

Wall2Wall 08-08-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Johns (Post 2282942)
I have to be honest, with this much hype is I've read lately regarding studio one v3, I watch a lot of these videos, and I have to tell you I am not impressed at all. Actually I find a more turned off to that DAW then I thought I would be.

I still think ProTools/avid, needs to get their head out of their butt, but I'm not so sure that studio one is a competitor that I thought it was.

It's not. Tracking and mixing is a no go.

But for production/composing it's super fast. Just drag and drop VI's and tracks/midi channels/etc are created instantly. It's drag/drop/play. All the bounce/freeze/MIDI options are on point. The internal studio one VI's sound blah! but all 3rd party stuff works fine and efficient. My one issue is that I still can't get the IMPACT drum thingy to bounce a mono pad to mono. Always stereo and I have to split.

The mastering side has all the modern compilation/export conveniences and is super fast.

For me the category of "Production/Composition" DAW is like how many regularly switched hardware synths and workstations, but cheaper. At any time I can be using Logic, Studio One, Live, Fruity Loops. They all excel at different things/sounds.