Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Waves AAX Error (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=352955)

sheezy 03-30-2014 07:54 PM

Waves AAX Error

I recently purchased the platinum bundle and CLA Vocal bundle version 9. I have installed Waves Complete V9r17 and installed my licenses. When I launch Pro Tools 11.1.2 I get the following error message regarding the plugins:

The following plugins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plugins:

WaveShell-AAX 9.2aaxplugin

I am not sure what to do. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Table Syrup Records 03-30-2014 08:16 PM

Re: Waves AAX Error

It's been a while since I installed fresh,

but I seem to remember you need to download/install a specific AAX ENABLER for the waves stuff... should be on their site , or located in your Waves OLI

Southsidemusic 03-30-2014 08:37 PM

Thats what I thought too but nowadays the release notes says AAX support included and the separate AAX64 installer is not there anymore so I would trash preferences and plist and redownload tve wavesHell and install and make sure to delete the V9 first before installing anew. That helped out another duc member a few weeks ago when ai got PM'ed

And very i portant, when you are guided thru the install you need to choose the AAX64 bit option In the box if I recall. Won't install automatic before atleast so make sure that box is selected.

Best of Luck
Christopher

sheezy 03-30-2014 09:27 PM

There is no box to check for a 64bit option during the installation. I have officially given up lol will just wait for waves support to contact me tomorrow morning.

Top Jimmy 03-30-2014 09:48 PM

Waves AAX Error

Like Southie suggested, trash the plugin cache and try it again. The 9.2 AAX plugin shell is the current version.

PMF Media 03-30-2014 09:53 PM

Also, from what I remember, there are 2 separate installers, 1 for the Plug and another for the AAX Waveshell. Also, if my ageing grey cells are serving me well, you need to install the plugs first then the AAX waveshell.

sheezy 03-31-2014 08:57 AM

Turns out my Mcafee antivirus was causing the issue. Waves responded first thing this morning. I just have to turn Mcafee off before I launch pro tools otherwise Mcafee prevents Pro Tools from recognizing the waveshell. Waves V9r17 comes with everything in the installer theres nothing to click or add its all included in the installer now.

VRW 03-31-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheezy (Post 2145270)
Waves V9r17 comes with everything in the installer theres nothing to click or add its all included in the installer now.

+1 even with 9v16

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheezy (Post 2145163)
There is no box to check for a 64bit option during the installation.

+1

Maybe I overlooked something but it seemed just to install everything by default
as I installed some new stuff in the last days.
Happy to say, large amount of Waves plugs here running perfectly well in PT11 Native.

Cheers, VRW

MacMini i7Quad, 16GB Ram, MBP Mid 2012 2,5GHz i5, 16GB Ram, MacOS 10.9.2, Apogee Quartet+Duet 2, Genelec Active, Yamaha NS10,
Pro Tools 11.1.2, Logic 10.0.6, Waves, MCDSP, Duende Native, Softube, HOFA, IK Multimedia etc

Blues Bird 04-15-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 2145166)
Like Southie suggested, trash the plugin cache and try it again. The 9.2 AAX plugin shell is the current version.

Hi, How do I trash the plugin cache in PT?
Thanks for help.

Southsidemusic 04-15-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blues Bird (Post 2148975)
Hi, How do I trash the plugin cache in PT?
Thanks for help.

Hi

Here are the steps to trash preferences and plist etc

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...s-preferences/

Best Regards
Chris

hotel17 10-21-2014 02:07 AM

all AAX 64bit plugins are in the right folders,trashed and reseted PT preferences, completely scanned and uninstalled all previous waves plugins (all of them, library included). reinstalled. Unfortunately PT 11 keeps giving me same error "WaveShell-AAX 9.3.aaxplugin failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plugins".
Search the net for hours, no luck.
maybe someone here....?

JFreak 10-21-2014 04:20 AM

Please re-download from waves, re-install the plugins, then try again. all is working well here, except the Waves License Center application cannot sync on Yosemite.

Rosco1969 10-21-2014 06:46 AM

v9r21 is the latest version on Waves website, this contains the AAX64 shell.

http://www.waves.com/downloads/v9

trevorkian 11-10-2014 08:08 PM

I've been having the same problem. The Waves tech support people were helpful (had me do a total wipe and reinstall), and all was well... until I rebooted today. Now it's back to the error. Anyone else had this issue?

Table Syrup Records 11-10-2014 09:05 PM

JFreak, if you have not done so yet, there is now a Yosemite FIX here:
http://www.waves.com/downloads/v9

Table Syrup Records 11-10-2014 09:08 PM

@trevorkian, off the top of my head I would be sure you don't have any startup items potentially causing conflict, try disabling any antivirus software (at least as a quick test), and if all that fails, contact tech support. THEY ARE GREAT and will certainly help you through it

AndyGettings91 12-01-2014 06:51 PM

I had the "plugins unable to load because they are not valid 64bit aax plugins" problem when i downloaded and installed the free One Knob Pumper a few days ago.

I combed all the threads and thought I should mention that a complete uninstall and re-install of all things waves did not work for me the first time, but I did another complete uninstall of all things waves (preferences, log files, etc...) and also removed the licenses through the Waves License Center application and "re-sent" them to my machine. This has worked for me so far, after a few restarts as well.

Sergius 12-03-2014 05:39 AM

Just got off the phone with Waves support. This is all it took to fix the "issue" for MAC at least...

System preferences > Security & Privacy > Under "Allow applications downloaded from:" select: "Anywhere"

cjguitar 03-19-2015 01:52 PM

None of this worked for me. Uninstalled and deleted everything twice, and I still have issues loading the Waves plugins in Pro Tools (not valid 64-bit AAX plugin, and then crashing when loading Pro Tools with license installed). I recently updated to 9.x after years of holding back on Waves TDM v5.x and now I regret it… Tried contacting Waves but was told I’m on an unsupported system, no help at all! Wouldn’t they want to work with me to figure out why it’s not working in PT 11.3.1 and Yosemite 10.10.3 Public Beta? Pro Tools and all other 700+ AAX plugins work in these versions, why not Waves? I don’t get their customer support at all, after all these years and declining sales I’d think they would have learned by now…

Bill Denton 03-19-2015 01:59 PM

Public Beta

They would probably be more helpful if you were using a "released" version...

noah330 05-05-2015 07:00 AM

My Waves AAX plugins are working fine.

Just for fun I tried to install the cracked Waves set floating around and I get the exact same error message being talked about here.

Uninstalled and reinstalled with my legit licenses and everything is 100% working.

My advice would be figure out what Waves plugins you need and watch for a sale on Waves Universe or something.

JFreak 05-05-2015 07:08 AM

I peg your pardon? We are all using legitimate software on this forum...

YYR123 05-05-2015 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2259303)
I peg your pardon? ..

Legitimate software yes, but we're using cracked pegs,, because they're wooden after all

TOM@METRO 05-05-2015 08:05 AM

Even being in possession of such is wrong in so many ways.

noah330 05-05-2015 10:13 AM

Agree. I have about 6 Waves plugs that I purchased along with Komplete and Duende (crossgraded from the card). Other then that just the Avid plugs.

I have seen this error on a bunch of forums and it's great Waves is requiring legit plugs for AAX.

YYR123 05-05-2015 10:25 AM

And in all seriousness they're so cheap these days it would be a shame to use anything but legitimate plug-ins

cjguitar 05-05-2015 10:29 AM

I take offense to the suggestion that I am not using a legitimate copy of the software. I have owned the Waves Platinum bundle for 10+ years, and just recently upgraded to v9 Diamond bundle. It just doesn't work for me, and Avid and Waves are aware of the issue and are hopefully working on a fix…

YYR123 05-05-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noah330 (Post 2259299)
Just for fun I tried to install the cracked Waves set floating around and I get the exact same error message being talked about here.

Uninstalled and reinstalled with my legit licenses and everything is 100% working..

It wasn't about you CJ....it was this post....relax

analog orange 05-27-2015 01:32 PM

Download this. I followed all of the pref trashing protocols but it wasn't till I used this that it worked.

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...p-to-v164.html

Simon Morrison 05-28-2015 10:16 AM

Waves have now identified and fixed this issue in V9r28: http://www.waves.com/downloads/release-notes#v9

analog orange 05-28-2015 11:20 AM

Waves may say that, but I downloaded their installer yesterday and it happened to me. Ran the pref killer app and it fixed it.

boitason 09-26-2015 09:33 AM

In my case,
I removed all my waves authorizations to the wave license cloud,
Then I re-installed WLC from the "Waves_Complete_V9r30.dmg" instead of doing this from the separated WLC installer I downloaded.
And then re-sent my licences to my machine.

Even if the WLC was the same version (9.3.0), it seems to make a difference. May be it works because the WLC and the plug-ins were installed from the SAME Waves_Complete installer.

Try this ?

A french user

MHBU 10-08-2015 09:00 AM

I just worked through this issue with WAVES tech support on one of our HD systems and will be doing the same today and tomorrow on the rest.
Here are the steps:

1. Turn off any anti-virus.
2. Go to the Waves Application Folder and copy your AAX WaveShell.
3. Go to the Library folder (not the hidden one) HD>Library>Application Support>Avid>Audio>Plugins and paste the WaveShell into the folder, overwriting the existing WaveShell.
4. Drop down in the same Audio folder to the UNUSED plugins and delete any WaveShell.
5. Empty the trash
6. Launch ProTools. When the WaveShell Window pops up, rescan, this should now load your Waves plugins.
7. Once ProTools has launched, you should be able to turn anti-virus back on. If it causes an issue, make an exception within your anti-virus for both ProTools and Waves.
8. IF you have secondary users without admin privileges on the same machine, repeat 1-5 above. When ProTools asks for the plugin location folder, choose Applications>Waves>Version x.x Plugins and they should load for that user as well.

Hope this helps everyone. I've been fighting this one for about a week on 4 different machines. :-)