Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Scroll left/right keyboard shortcut? (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=208740)

bigdoghat 11-05-2007 04:55 PM

Scroll left/right keyboard shortcut?

Hi all - can anyone tell me if there are keyboard shortcuts for scroll left/right? I'm using 7.1 and trying to set up a Quick Keys shortcut to scroll left/right by continually holding down one key. Only problem is - if I try to program this shortcut using the scroll arrows in the edit window, Quick Keys gets confused. I know I will be able to program the shortcut to work properly if I can show Quick Keys the scrolling action via keys rather than mouse clicking on the scroll arrows. I already looked in the keyboard shortcuts and found none but thought that maybe someone knew something that I couldn't find? Thanks

jpbears1 11-05-2007 05:30 PM

Re: Scroll left/right keyboard shortcut?

This may not be what you are asking about but if you have a scroll-wheel type mouse or trackball - try holding down the Shift key while scrolling the wheel.

bigdoghat 11-05-2007 06:22 PM

Yeah, I tried that but no good - not precise enough. What I basically need to do is program one click of the scroll arrow and assign it to a key. That way when I hold down the key, the page will scroll slowly. I'm editing a book on tape and need to let the audio roll by when there's no problems and stop when there is. Holding down a programmed scroll key allows me to track the audio waveforms exactly so that when I stop to make an edit, the audio I need to cut is right in front of me. I haven't done a book edit in a while - last time I did one I was on OS9 and I was able to program this shortcut no problem. OS X/Quick Keys - not so happy. Thanks for replying though

Alan Brownstein 11-06-2007 01:45 PM

I've wondered about that too. Meanwhile, Option+Page Down or Option+PageUp will take you to the next or previous screen in the Edit Window (like the Page Scroll function).

bigdoghat 11-07-2007 01:44 AM

Thank you so much! That works and saves me many hours and much clicking!!

vineband 11-08-2007 11:12 PM

I have been wondering about this lately as well... the option page down/up thing works, but there has to be something better than this that goes in a slower increment??? On my new mac mouse the scroll wheel did do the horizontal scrolling, but i use a track ball so it doesn't work.

Phil Ogden 11-09-2007 05:35 AM

If you set the Transport to the numeric keypad in Prefs, then numbers 1 & 2 provide rewind and fast forward function respectively. Set in conjubction with page scrolling (in Options) and the timeline/edit linked, this works for me.

jschmidtiii 07-12-2013 11:26 AM

Great responses! Thx!