Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sent back the POD HD500. Buying an Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=298517)

manatarms 04-05-2011 05:25 AM

Sent back the POD HD500. Buying an Eleven Rack

I bought an HD500 and gave it a shot for 3 weeks. I liked some of the sounds I was getting, and I think if I couldn't have returned it, I would have been happy with it, but I was having trouble with a few things. I really like playing classic rock and Marshall tones, as well as lightly broken up stuff. I was having a hard time getting great tones like that with the HD500. I also thought the HD500 tended on the bassey side. I also found that I wasn't using a lot of the effects it had. (Some of them are just kinda weird and not something I would use anyway.) Reading all the reviews of the Eleven Rack and seeing that those are the tones it is the best at made me want to return the HD500.

So now I've got an Eleven Rack on order. I'll be buying the expansion pack and look forward to the tones I can get!

bassmanjazz 04-05-2011 05:37 AM

Re: Sent back the POD HD500. Buying an Eleven Rack

Welcome to the forum! You won't regret your choice! I did a lot of searching and trying before I settled on the mighty Orange tone machine! I've never looked back :D

DAR Fritz 04-05-2011 05:40 AM

Never played the HD500 but I can tell you the 11r w/ERXP will blow your mind. Get ready for non-stop playing. The tones are very addicting!

manatarms 04-05-2011 05:51 AM

Awesome! Now I just have to wait until it gets here!!!

Did the ERXP change any of the previous amp models or effects or just add the new stuff?

udamann88 04-05-2011 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAR Fritz (Post 1778031)
Never played the HD500 but I can tell you the 11r w/ERXP will blow your mind. Get ready for non-stop playing. The tones are very addicting!

100% true......

The only person that will not "Love" the 11-Rack is ur wife or girlfriend.....Lol

Welcome to an amazing forum of real cool peeps too......:-)

manatarms 04-05-2011 06:03 AM

Thanks!

I see you're in Michigan too!

udamann88 04-05-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manatarms (Post 1778040)
Thanks!

I see you're in Michigan too!

Yup....Yup.....:D

fly_with_v 04-05-2011 07:50 AM

The Expansion does add some new models including Marshall and a dynamic delay, multi chorus, dynamic compressor, speaker break up and some others. Buy it, you will not regret it.

If you came to the 11R for the Marshall tones you have definately made the right (actually, regardless of why you made the right move, it has everything you need in an easy to use package). I was a Digitech and Line 6 user, now I am just 11R user. Sold all my amps including a JCM 2000 and a Mesa Rectifier.

Most people are instamtly impressed with the 11R, but after a few weeks everyone is impressed. It is just so good and easy to use. Pro Tools is also a Killer bonus.

Deny 04-05-2011 08:04 AM

Too bad you couldn't keep both, the HD500 makes for a great MIDI controller for the 11R - I own both.

Rest assured you've made an excellent choice, as far as guitar tones go the 11R and HD500 are not even in the same league, the Eleven Rack is far superior in almost all respects. The HD500 has a harmonizer and dual amps in its favor but what good are those if the modeling is lacking? 11R all the way :)

Mister_Riff 04-05-2011 08:19 AM

I recently bought the Eleven Rack as well.

Can tell you it's the best piece of gear I've ever bought period. I easily play twice as much as I would before. It simply far exceeds my expectations!

The presets out of the box might not be it for you but be sure to check out http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/.

Welcome to the community ;)